Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

JL w3v2 10" vs. Infinity Kappa svc 10"

well i have 1 w3v2 10" and it is great its crisp and loud and very clear. the one 10 hits just as hard as 2 12" sonys. i love my JL. never heard infinity subs but i have heard the components and they are very good. JL 10 w3 should only cost you bout 130-150 each.
  2. 9

will these work?

ok i have a 99 x sport with the mono leafs in the rear. i am looking for the leaf pack so i can put on aals. here is what i found on JC Whitney. http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ProductDisplay/c-10101/s-10101/p-261427/mediaCode-ZX/appId-503850 if any one knows where there is anything...
  3. 9

Suspension Lift 99 2wd Explorer

well how much lift does you wife want. you can do a simple 2-3" body lift. for $100 or get the rear leaf packs and do the soa for about $200 or just goet the leaf pack and do add a leafs for $50 plus the tt up front. or shackles and tt for about $30. or go full suspension lift for $600-1500...
  4. 9

throttle body spacers?

you might try rotating you tires. that help them wear even.
  5. 9

Where to find 2" body lifts?

yah but they charge you for shipping and shipping insurance. so it comes out to like 110 so ill save you 10 bucks ang ship it to you for 100. im just trying to help you out.
  6. 9

Where to find 2" body lifts?

i have a 2" body lift for sale. it has never been used. i bought it 2 weeks ago and a buddy sold me a suspension lift for a great price and i only want the sus. lift not both. my email is ftballstud85@yahoo.com ill ship it to you for 100 bucks. so let me know just message me or u can email me i...
  7. 9

throttle body spacers?

well i just finished putting my tbs in. i will let yall know the diff on gas milage i took it for a spin and noticed monimal hp increase but thats what i expected.
  8. 9

throttle body spacers?

most ppl think that a $100 tbs is gonna give them 20+ hp for there suv and it wont. it is made prmarily for better gas millge so if it gives you 2-5 mpg more then i think it does very well for the price. im paying 1.90 for gas and only get 2-14 mpg and i hust bought a tbs and installing it today...
  9. 9

make 93 explorer xlt 4x4 faster

well maybe you should put it in 2 wheel drive and take it out of 4x4. when i got my 99 x 4.0 ohv i could do a burnout as long as i wanted like the second day. :burnout:
  10. 9

where should my exhaust exit?

its only illegal if it exits befor the inside passanger cabin ends. thatrs why you see it on vipers and vets and lightnings cause ther cabins are small and the pipes come out after it.
  11. 9

Sport (2-door) Lift Kits

it gives no lift just allows you to use add a leafs and it will help with your back end from drooping down.
  12. 9

expo5.0 official custom paint thread

before the paint you should drop it and get a gound effects kit so it will all get painted at the same time. and if you go with a noce paint job thw try going with clear cornres and euros out back for the lights. stock lights with a great paint job will dull the overall looks. of the expo. but i...
  13. 9

Increased Performance

just cut off the bottom f the air box. no holes just cut the entire bottom off. and you can do MAS and throttle body and exhaust and that will help alot. you may get about 20 - 30 Hp out of that depending on you engine. and also you can do ignition wires and spark plugs. to help spark all that...
  14. 9

wireing 2 amps together so that their wattage is combined

dude you seem like a novice at audio stuff. what sub are you running. not to many subs can handle two subs pushing it. and if its good enought o handle it then you must have spent alot of money on it and you need to sell both of you other amps and buy 1 good amp. that 1 good amp will sound alot...
  15. 9

Make the rattling stop!

first i used to have the same set up befor i went to JLs. and those sonys wont hurt a thing. the glass rattlesd because it isnt sealed shut. your back glass opens without the door opening and that is what ir rattleing. my advice get ride of pieces of crap ang get something worth listening to...
  16. 9

? on my exhaust

thats what i was thinking of doing but i would like to incerase my hp at the same time, and i love to have a loud exhaust. if i get the pre made exhaust system thats takeing off 2 cats and replacing them with a bigger pipe and better muffler than thats alot of power im not gonna get with just a...
  17. 9

? on my exhaust

i have a 99 sport 2 door. i know i can use a 4 door exhaust and cut a bit off befor the muffler and reweld it, no big deal. the thing is on the stock exhaust there are 4 cats, and all the exhaust systems i have found everywhere take 2 of those off andreplace them with a straight pipe and leave...
  18. 9

tire size conversion

thanks man, that helps alot
  19. 9

tire size conversion

i was wondering if anyone has a chart of how to convert one tire size to another. like this kind of sizes LT305/70R16/D to this kind of sizing 31/10.50R15LT/C
  20. 9

Bbk Throttle Body&throttle Body Spacer

power about 1-2 hp, but gas milage it would help thats really what they are made for. not power.
  21. 9

Read Leaf Springs Help

yah but if thats 15 for only 1 leaf im gonna be pisse dto pay all that shipping to get them and return them. yah know what i mean.
  22. 9

going from 3.73 to 4.56

i have a 99 sport 2wd. what size gears come stock on my vehicle. and if i run 32 with a 3" lift would i have to change my gears to bigger ones or can i stay with what i have. i wont be doing alot of off roading just every know and then.
  23. 9

Read Leaf Springs Help

the 95-00 4 leaves Stock #AJJ492300N says there only 14.95 each. ar eyou sure thats the leaf pack or is it the mono leaf found on the sports. cause i have a sport and have been looking for the leaf packs also.
  24. 9

Sport (2-door) Lift Kits

what is the part number from PA for there 3" body lift. i know its for the ranger but i want to order it next week and want to make sure im ordering the right thing.
  25. 9

air box mod

yah ive done it to other vehicles befor and it works wonderfully abut i think your right it does look better with the cone filter and with no box. and to eb... why would you leave the bottom on it would just block air from coming up throught the bottom. i say just cut the darn thing off. but...
Back