Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Help Me - Losing my mind!! Sony Headunit Bezel Cracked

Hi, did you have to reprogram the EB5T or its plug and play - how about Sirius if you had it? Sadly i am in the same position as you - not as significant damage and looking for the exact part you are.
  2. R

Tune with no other modifications?

Hey Zodiac, Whats the life of the plugs? Any recommended brands or the stock is fine?
  3. R

Time for tires

58k?? Wow, how did that work out in the winter? at 32k my OEM are slipping and sliding in slush much less snow. Do you have dedicated winter tires?
  4. R

Time for tires

Hi All, Like many of you I am looking to replace my 20inch Hankooks (33k miles) from my 2013 Ex. I am thinking the Michelin Defender LTX or the Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS. Do you have any opinion either way? These are the only two I am considering as Both have exceptional reviews and performs...
  5. R

Popping, Clicking noise from front. Newer TSB

Ok try to keep up with me here: Had this same problem. Brought it to the dealer, the claim its a rack and pinion issue. They changed it. When I got my car back they returned it with a loud hum and vibration - took it back, they said its normal. I exploded on them for a half a$$ effort. Brought...
  6. R

2012 Limited Headlights question

I have a 2013 limited with hid, gotta say it was a garbage. Very dim and not HID quality. I ended up doing the mod to replace the internals of the HID and upping to 55W morimoto output. The difference was night and day - IMO money well spent - its not cheap to do but all headlight...
  7. R

Cabin hum and Steering wheel/column vibration

Hi all, Just wanted to get some feedback from you on if anyone experienced/experiences significant steering vibration along with a loud cabin hum. This all started when I had the service center replace my gear shifter and the rack and pinion - gear shifter for getting an error when shifting to...
  8. R

front right humming growling

Hi all, Just wanted to add my 2cents. I had the popping sound while turning and the service center replaced the rack and pinion (so I was told) also I had the "shift to park" issue where when I am in park the car still thinks I am not. They replaced the shifter. However when I received the car...
  9. R

Got into a rear collision

This happened to me in Thanksgiving of 2015 when a Bud delivery truck opened its door in my path and took off my mirror which slammed on my window and door paint. My insurance took care of it and I was only responsible for my deductible - $500. After all the repairs my insurance went after Bud...
  10. R

Key not found! Your car will now annoy you in public!

Hi All, Not sure where to put this and the search feature didn't bring back results (strangely) Over the last 2 weeks or so I keep getting the message "Key not found" or something like that about a key not being present in my EX although its sitting right in the cup holder. I thought it was the...
  11. R

Indexing music

I have over 14k songs on an ipod and my 2013 indexes it without any issues.
  12. R

Broken cargo net clips

Thank you!!! WIll look it up
  13. R

Sirius Services Issue

Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate or cancel if you can and watch Sirrius hound you to give you everything for $30 to 40 for 6 months including traffic and all. I have been doing that since 2013 with my Ex
  14. R

Broken cargo net clips

Hi All, Would anyone happen to know the parts number for the two top clips that hold the cargo net onto the Ex body? My silly nephew grabbed the net to pull himself up into the trunk and broke the clips. I appreciate the help. Thanks
  15. R

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

Hi, DDecarlo, I had the conversion of mine done and swapped out the entire hid system of my limited. if you'd like to have the OEM hid internals you can PM me and we can work something out.
  16. R

Best options for storing music in my 2016 Sport?

There are some 128gb sandisk usb drives on amazon for about 30, I use one of those and have about 19k songs so far. Works like a charm and they are very tiny so doesn't affect use of the compartment either.
  17. R

Windshield Cracked / Replacement

Don't know who your insurance is, but Allstate didn't cost me a penny when they replaced mine through Safelite. Had an "accident" of some sort and I called Allstate telling them something flew off a truck and hit my windshield and they said "no problem" its considered no fault. Replaced with OEM...
  18. R

A7 navigation map for SYNC 2 released

So to post an update as I promised: Using the A7 card resulted in the "off the path, in the fields" kind of tracking. I switched to the A5 and the problem went away. I did this multiple times and had the same experience. Not sure what the conclusion here is but the A5 card didn't put me in the...
  19. R

I went ahead and got it for 80 off of fleabay. Have to say there is a significant difference in response time for sure. I deliberately took a different route home yesterday from what was suggested (after picking up the A7) and it was snappy in rerouting, was great at identifying street names and...
  20. R

New A7 navigation card Hi All, Did anyone upgrade from the A5 or A6 to the A7 navigation card? Any feedback on what's new and improved? I do know what the "official" release states. Looking for real experience. Is it worth getting? Thanks
  21. R

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

Thanks Peter - I would guess that's what was done. Nothing special.
  22. R

Tuners in general

So its a tune and drive situation? I am itching to get the NA tune for my limited but the $$$ is scaring me away a bit.
  23. R

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

I brought this issue to my service attendant and an update of some kind (not hardware) and it hasn't happened again in 2 years. I am not going to say permanently fixed but its been over 2 years since I had this issue after the update.
  24. R

Waranty Issues, help and advice needed.

Check the bolts on the window glass at the bottom. Had a annoying rattle sound on the right side and couldn't find it. Fortunately/unfortunately I had a minor accident which required the passenger window replaced and lo and behold the rattle is gone.
  25. R

Explorer's Poor Headlights

Dergrah, I had the internal parts swap done for me and couldn't be happier. If you need info please PM me.
Back