Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Check fuel inlet

Thanks..I've tried all the Youtube fixes and nothing works, at least permanently. I'm considering buying a new purge valve and having a mechanic friend of mine install it. Won't be too costly, and this starts the process of elimination. It's so hard to tell is your gas lid is closing...
  2. H

Check fuel inlet

Thanks...thought there would be a bit more discussion on this than what appears.
  3. H

Check fuel inlet

Hi all...haven't been on this site for a long time, sorry to say. Still have my '13 Explorer with 120,000 plus miles on it and plan on keeping it for a while longer. I'm now 84 so maybe we'll both retire from driving together. However, it has recently developed the "check fuel fill inlet"...
  4. H

Lost something out of my front bumper

Thanks...I never knew that existed but it sure makes sense. I was thinking some expensive sensor or something. Thanks again.
  5. H

Lost something out of my front bumper

Driving to a Kentucky Derby party earlier this evening, I had occasion to hit a plastic trash can, large type, rolling around in the highway. I was travelling about 60MPH, behind a tractor trailer when the trash can suddenly appeared right in front of me. I had about a 2 seconds to react..I...
  6. H

Split Armrest Issue

Just noticed the same tear as described on the first page of posting. 42K on a '13 XLT. About 3 inches long. I had my car upholsterer make me a pad to go on that armrest because it is so low that it was of no use to me. Terrible design...my arm doesn't even rest on the armrest itself and it...
  7. H

Back up camera/warning worth its weight in gold!

I just wish the camera could scan for ditches...looking downward and backward. Last Tuesday evening, wife and I played a small musical venue, one of those "play for dinner" deals. We left the hall in the rain, and made a wrong turn leaving. Wound up on a back country road, pitch dark and...
  8. H

Time for tires

Just got an e-mail from my dealer yesterday that the Michelin Man would be there for a couple of days if you need tires. They are offering 3 Michelin's at regular price and the 4th for $1. Sounds like a good deal if you need tires, but I don't. Have Michelin's on my '13 XLT and are satisfied...
  9. H

Garage door opener

Where is this button located? One of my pet peeves with my '13 XLT is not having a garage dooe opener. They give you plenty of stuff that you will never use, but not something that you could use several times a day. Which models does it come on?
  10. H

Center console noises?!?!?!

Here's the second post. Mine squeaks all the time. You can wiggle it and hear it start. I have no idea what is causing it, but it sure is annoying. Been doing it for about six months..I've had the car for a year and a half.
  11. H

Rear camera and beepers

Just in case you have this problem...noticed this morning that when I backed out of the garage, the beepers associated with the camera for backing up beeped all the time, though nothing was behind me. Did it three or four times. I wondered if something might have been covering one of the...
  12. H

Faulty 110v outlet?

I have a '13 XLT. Do I have this 110 outlet somewhere in my car? If I do, I have never seen it or been told about it by the dealer.
  13. H

OK, So What Do You DISLIKE About The 5th Gen?

I agree with what several others have said. Way too much room between the driver's seat and the door. I guess I'm old fashioned, but I still like to rest my left arm up on the window sill and drive that way, at least for a while. This design negates that almost all together. The driver side...
  14. H

2011 Ford Explorer Transmission Problems?

Paging Susan Daugnault, Ford Service...it's been almost a month and I have not received any paperwork in reference to my extended warranty. I understood that it was to be mailed out and received in a few days, but I haven't seen it yet. This is the only way I know to contact you. If there is...
  15. H

This morning I received a call from a lady from Ford Service, Susan Daugnault, inquiring about my transmission issue. I wasn't available at the time, but I called her back a while ago and had a nice conversation. She suggested I visit my dealer, and I told her that was the plan when I went in...
  16. H

Failure to shift in transmission I thought I had seen a thread on this problem recently, but I went back 11 pages and saw nothing. Here's what I have noticed about six times since I bought my '13 XLT 13 months ago. I put the gear selection lever in "D" and when I begin to move forward, it...
  17. H

Climate / Heater Question

Had the same deal going.....just push the fan button in and everything will go off. Push it in again if you want the fan back on. Sure would be nice if we could get some fresh air into these new cars like the old days. Remember the old triangular side vents you could pop open for fresh air on...
  18. H

Engine flush???

I recently received an e-mail from the dealer I bought my '13 XLT from stating the following.."Reminding you that it is time for your ANNUAL ENGINE FLUSH. This service is required to keep your lifetime Engine Guarantee in effect, and will keep your vehicle performing at its optimum level." I...
  19. H

2013 Ford Explorer Limited Fuel Leak

Just got my '13 done yesterday...actually took it out to the dealer on Tuesday morning. They said it would be done that same day, but called late in the day and said they had found a defective "lock ring", or something like that, and it had to be ordered from NY but would be in on Wednesday...
  20. H

Back to the knobs?

Thanks guys...got it.
  21. H

Back to the knobs?

Fine...now, how do I find it? I've never seen this "infotainment" area.
  22. H

Back to the knobs?

Have any of you folks seen this or know anything about it? Is it coming to all Ford models? http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/06/17/ford-myford-touch-infotainment-sync/2432489/ Ford restores low-tech knobs to cars' touch screens Chris Woodyard, USA TODAY 5:18 p.m. EDT June...
  23. H

Mirror issue

Here's one I haven't read about yet on this forum. For the fourth time, I got into my 2013 Explorer XLT this morning and found the both door mirrors turned all the way in. I have no idea how this is happening, but it's been going on for about 2 months. They readily re-set by the controls, but...
  24. H

2013 Ford Explorer Limited Fuel Leak

Re. fuel economy..are you guys reporting your findings from the dash monitor or are you figuring it out on paper for MPG? Mine shows around 23 MPG all the time, but I have never checked it out with pencil and paper. I use at least $50 worth of gas a week and don't travel that far (I don't...
  25. H

2013 Ford Explorer issues

UPDATE.....for some reason, my clock issues seem to have righted themselves. I have no idea why, but it was sorta like a wound healing...a little at a time. About two weeks ago I noticed that the touch screen clock would keep up for about 5 minutes, and then lose it. Then it would keep up for...
Back