Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

1995 Aerostar starts then dies.

Check EGR valve too. They can really make an engine act up.
  2. D

Aerostar bent axle-Guess I didn't post this?

Thanks Josh! That makes sense, since I've never seen a Ford axle bend in my life. I've seen and owned a LOT of Fords, cars and trucks and worked in a pit crew for dirt track. Never a bent axle. I was really surprised. It's all fixed now and runs very smooth.
  3. D

The differential is an 8.8 with limited slip. 3: 55 ratio. I got the bearing, axle, and seal in today..........other side's perfect so I'll let it go for now. New brake drum on the right side too. I'll wash out the punkin and refill tomorrow.
  4. D

Thanks,Josh, but no accidents or bumps. Just a freak axle warp, I guess. Just g ot back to FL yesterday and can now work on it. Gonna replace left side rear wheel bearing and seal too.
  5. D

Well, I've always carried about 800 lbs. in the bed, all seats are removed but ours.
  6. D

Was going to drive the Aerostar from FL to Ohio to get to a good friend and his son and son's wife's funeral. Yep, all killed by a tractor-trailer they pulled out in front of. Before we left, I noticed a rear vibration when applying brakes and investigated only to find a bad axle and bearing...
  7. D

Solved 1994 Aerostar with intermittent cruise control.

I had it apart and saw nothing that looked like a fuse. It's still working like new . Thanks!
  8. D

No, I figured the actuator is the servo? I installed the amplifier which is beside the glove compartment. If you're on Ebay, the number to search is E9AF 9D844 AA. Just a very light 4" X 3.5" approx with 2 connectors. The cruise works like new now,so far.
  9. D

The servo is working perfectly now. It may still be intermittent in the future, but I installed the NOS amplifier today and it works great thru 2 test drives. Thanks!
  10. D

No leds and brake switch is okay, I think. Does not light brakes up when at rest.
  11. D

Been running thru the shop manual, cleaning connections,button tests passed, and know it's not the servo or vacuum, (presently it's working)but no cause found. Have a new amplifier ordered.
  12. D

70,000 mile Aerostar on eBay.

It was definitely worth 5500. It had been closer, I might've bought it,if no rust had been repaired.
  13. D

My great old Aerostar.

Yes it IS!
  14. D

My great old Aerostar.

Well, another trip North a few weeks ago in my great old Aerostar. No probs and 20 mpgs. Had it loaded to the gills as always with my irreplaceable tools and instruments. Too hot to stay in FL. HaHa! Had one surprise before leaving Amelia Island though...........inner tie rod on passenger side...
  15. D

Free Aerostar / Explorer / Ranger parts. New in the box.

Would that rack and pinion fit a 94 RWD Aerostar ? don45640@yahoo.com
  16. D

How many people own or have owned an Aerostar?

Yes, but if if it DOES have that little candy bar sized TFI module on the distributor's casting, having an extra one with that tool in the glove dept. wouldn't hurt at all. They have always failed me every so often on 80s cars.
  17. D

I bought a 1994 Aerostar with 80K miles!

Beautiful! Good going,Man! Mine now has 60K more miles and makes the Ohio/FL trip twice a year for us. AC and heat works and everything works!
  18. D

Post your WTB Aerostar parts here.

I'M still looking for a center piece about 55" long rear bumper cover on my 94. Anyone?
  19. D

How many people own or have owned an Aerostar?

I had the fluid problem, so I just push a soup can over the power steering fill cap. NO MORE WATER in the fluid.
  20. D

I just bought a 1993 Aerostar.

congrats! We're all jealous!
  21. D

Solved Information is needed for my Aerostar's roof moulding.

n' I used the flowable clear type. Can't remember the brand and threw the empty tube away. Worked great and I applied it in the sun at 90 degrees.
  22. D

Well, it rain in downpours all day here in FL and not a drop got thru this time. FIXED!
  23. D

Zenish and 92 exp.................you were right! It was leaking from the shrunken trim rubber above the left side windows. Pried back the edge and silicone sealed it well. We'll see, next rain................THANKS!
  24. D

Thank you and I'll check that out, 92exp!!!
Back