Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Suspension: shocks, anti-sway bar, links...

hey guys! got all my items very fast, only 3-4 bussiness days :thumbsup: After 6 hours i finish everything. no problems at all bolts losen up very easily, looks like the deep creep penetrating oil helped alot. the only problem was dealing with the pain the next day, sitting down on the...
  2. M

Yes, i did get the camber bolts :thumbsup: Btw, yes, my ST has lived in south florida it's whole life
  3. M

Thanks guys great info. Thanks MASTequila, i think i got this, but if not i will give you a buzz.
  4. M

Parts ordered, and shipped! :party: Now on to buying some other goodies, will be stoping at freight harbor to get better tools, floor jack, jack stands, breaker bar, etc, etc... Told my wife that i was saving like $1500 doing all this myself so it's like christmas in june!:party: ... But it's...
  5. M

thank you guys:thumbsup: 30% off :eek:... damn, i need to start a new search, i was ready to hit "order now" with rock auto. i will give that a try update: Nop, rock auto still much cheaper. but i do buy stuff from advance auto so i do apreciate the code. thank you very much
  6. M

Ok, was looking to add the cam bolt kit but i see moog has 1-5/8 degree, but raybestos has 2-1/4... is raybestos better?
  7. M

Yes, i was planning to get the alignment. But honestly, i have no idea what a camber kit is, the guy in the video did mention that. I will start my research for this but if anyone can provide any info on how to install i will really apreciate. Thanks
  8. M

So far this is what i'm getting, all from rock auto; shocks: RANCHO Part # RS999185 RANCHO Part # RS999229 control arm: MOOG Part # CK80068 MOOG Part # CK8708T bar bushing and links: MOOG Part # K700542 MOOG Part # K80080 ... when i'm done i'll show you guys some pictures, for...
  9. M

Oh god, the more i look into this "improving handling thing" the more i find thing to replace/fix :dead: *Body mounts. I checked mine and lets just say they are way gone and if i really want to get best results from all my investment i need to get this done too... But this job i don't think i...
  10. M

Nice. This is a cool video too: http://youtu.be/7HdJ8DgvNmY
  11. M

Looks like my front left upper ball joint is busted... One more project, lucky me :D Now i'm going to replace both control arms I just saw a video on how to replace the whole control arm and looks pretty straight forward. any tips for that job? :scratch:
  12. M

Amazing! Thank you swshawaii, i really apreciate all your help on this site and mysportrac :thumbsup: looking for a ruler now :D
  13. M

Hey guys. Thank you again for the answers. Just got one more: How can i find the right diameter of my front sway bar?... I was going to buy everything from rock auto but i realize there are diferent sizes for the bushings. explorer sportrac, end 2002/2003
  14. M

You are a genius! I didn't even see that:thumbsup: do you know the rock auto 5% off code? :D ... And will be searching for those other post:thumbsup:
  15. M

Thank you everyone, i read and think about everything you guys said, very helpful post. So based on all of that i'm leaning towards: getting the ranchos rs9000xl , if rock auto has a 5% discount all 4 should come out to be $323.96. Otd, is this a good deal? The rear sway bar only (as...
  16. M

... I want to improve my ST handling so i need advise from the best, i done some research and i think my choices for shocks are: ranchos 9000xl, bilsteins, gabriel...? Are the adjustables ranchosrs9000 really make a difference when going from soft to hard? Or should i just get the...
  17. M

Looking for a fuel pump, help

I finally bought the airtex fuel pump, had it installed by a mechanic i trust and it worked perfect, only time would tell if it last or not If somebody wants to know where to get it, here it is http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0025TMX5Y?vs=1 Salute
  18. M

Thanks boshka for your post, i just checked with them 05dakotatrac, i found this Airtex E2348M fuel pump at Amazon at $162. It looks perfect for my truck, but i'm still a little bit confused about the 4 and 5 pin. 2 people who bought this pump wrote this: "By William Salisbury - February...
  19. M

hi, I'm in the hunt for a new fuel pump for my 02 ford explorer sportrac 4.0 v6 automatic premium package xlt I called the dealer and of course they want top dollars for their motorcraft pump, best price i got was $400 Can someone recomend any other options out there please??? Thanks...
  20. M

Broken rear back window, need help please

Swshawaii, thank you so much, you are my new best friend I'm a proud, original owner of this sportrac with almost 200.000 miles just put over $2000 in maintenance work (tires, front and rear brakes with new rotors, shocks, sway bar links, valve cover gaskets, and fixed other small stuff), now...
  21. M

Bought one, thanks!!! :thumbsup: Instalation i think i have it pretty clear, but can someone tell me, where i can get the step by step procedure for the "initialization"?... I haven't unpluged the motor, and i can tell by the sound where is it sitting; up, vent, down, do i still need the...
  22. M

Hi everyone, Yesterday i try to use my rear back window in the vent position, and the hole window came down and never went back up, it sound like something was breaking loose in there So i try to find out what was the problem and find out that the plastic that hold the cable was broken and...
  23. M

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

¡5 years without this!... I forgot how nice was seeing the sceen on telling me where i was going and tempeture :D I just find out about this site and i already finished 4 projects. I got one more to do, my extrrior left and right mirrors don't work, they have to be adjust manually, so i'll...
Back