Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

2020 Ford Explorer spied barely disguised in civilian spec

2020 Ford Explorer spied barely disguised in civilian spec jeeeeez this thing looks hideous... 2020 Ford Explorer Redesign Release Price the green one is not a 2020, not sure if this is even a Ford site...
  2. L

Right front door rattle

Have someone ride with you and see if they hear it. Metallic tapping at door near handles could be window motor loose or mounted wrong and it taps when the car shakes. Lot of 2011-2015's have had front window motors replaced per TSB for shuddering or jumping windows when they are opened/closed...
  3. L

What tire pressure are you running?

"I wish they'd put them underneath, or if they have to have them inside, give us room for a full size, matching spare. I did a five tire rotation on my Grand Cherokee because I had that option, and I got over 70k miles out of 55k mile tires." ...that's awesome with 5. No way in all of fiery...
  4. L

Can you patch this?

Do not repair, replace. ...fyi unless you are a bruiser and can knowingly manipulate a plug patch into the tire, don't even try it on a spot that is repairable. it takes a lot of force to get a plug in, most people cant do it and will end up damaging the hole or making it worse. (especially...
  5. L

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

July 2, 2018 Ford Explorer complaints continue even after carbon monoxide leak repairs https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ford-explorer-safety-advocates-renew-recall-demand-carbon-monoxide-complaints/
  6. L

Help - P0442 Code Evap system small leak

I had this and fuel inlet was fine, purge valve was fine, canister is in cats area and did not check that. Ltd has capless fuel inlet. but check fuel door -must have snug fit and gasket in good shape. Actual metal fuel inlet is not a flimsy flap, its real sturdy and not easy to know what its...
  7. L

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

...the way the deflector attaches to this hood, i bet its catching some water and holding it under the lip in the deflectors gutter...
  8. L

Ford Explorer smaller wheels any benefit?

18" wheels would be easier to deal with, plenty of options, plenty tire selection/pricing, & fully supported on this platform & in car's programming - easy to change if you do swap sizes. Our roads are sh*t also and I would do it in a second if, er ah, money was no object ... ...no way I would...
  9. L

Will an 80 inch storm door fit and close the hatch?

Limit is pretty much one 8' garage door panel and up to 30" tall, maybe. ...anything wider would be too wide to get into car and move it around (slightly) -give or take an inch or 2. I think the panels are 20" wide. -door will seriously scratch up anything it touches so 8'x24" fit inside on...
  10. L

FordPass SmartLink

Ford’s new SmartLink connected upgrade for older vehicles will be available mid-2018 Ford is finally detailing availability of its FordPass SmartLink accessory, an OBD II plug-in device with Verizon 4G LTE on board which can add connected car features to model year 2010 to 2017 Ford vehicles...
  11. L

Intelligent Access Key fob programming

PSA: this weekend I saw a standing rotating Duracell display at Ace hardware with large assortment of OEM looking fobs and programming done while you wait. 3.99 for programming, fobs were all different prices based on model/features / compatibility, but were all from 9.99 through $35.
  12. L

Will a Queen Size Mattress fit?

roof rack with cross bars = 100lb max i wouldn't put it on the roof it is unsafe wont fit inside-if it does folded-mattress warranty question, and you wont be able to get it out without fierce dragging through/across the interior panels, b/c you wont be able to compress it any more to remove it...
  13. L

Removal of dash - 2011 explorer

...read these and see if you can better pinpoint your dash noise. -fan behind glove box is known to make clicking noise, -dash makes singular popping or crackling pop every now & then when heating up or when its hot & AC is turned on. Clicking noise from dash (Blend Door Actuator) & DIY...
  14. L

2016 Explorer exhaust leak

If you're inclined, lookup the Lemon law in your region and see what it entails. You could get into a new Ex because of all this....
  15. L

yes from older post here. -they have FB, Twitter cust service on their support contact site as well as Owner portal...
  16. L

...got no response from a pm to FordService on here, any other ideas to kick this too? -so lets recap -dealer-said we'll take great pics of your hood, hey lookit all the TSB's! no dice kid... -Ford service via online chat took case and response is above... -PM here so far no reply. at least...
  17. L

No specific reason given, that's the response they sent me. ...well if anyone see's it specified somewhere and its something different than 3/36, post it here...
  18. L

Thank you for contacting the Ford Customer Relationship Center regarding your recent vehicle concern. We have thoroughly reviewed your request and after careful consideration we regret that Ford is not able to provide financial assistance to address your issue. We are sorry that we were not able...
  19. L

Liftgate always dirty

...what he said...
  20. L

Specific lights 13 limited

I have the 9005 SilverStar zXe High Performance Halogens. Barely any diff from the standard 9005-same horrible light output from lamps but tad whiter light...
  21. L

Service dept said Ford wont cover however all paperwork they showed me were from their computer, not correspondence from Ford. They said they would take pics and send but they didnt once they searched my VIN in their ESP database, nsapp.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com Item they searched...
  22. L

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=201136 ...so here is a 17-0062, "panel replacement recommended", ...but its a bare panel-it must be prepared and painted. also-no mention of any warranty like 5yr/Unl. miles. This is 2 pages, it could be missing info. fyi 16-0028 states...
  23. L

...Sooo any other experiences with this? Im going in next week for this issue, ... I have the TSB info but this doesnt pop-up in most of the auto sites TSB finder. Aluminum Body Panel Corrosion Appearing as Bubbled or Peeling Paint - 2000-2016 Ford Lincoln Mercury I see this TSB link is about...
  24. L

13' Custom Headlights

Stock shape replacements and the like run from $320 - 700-ish - pair or each, check out: 2013 Ford Explorer Custom & Factory Headlights – CARiD.com So a custom set up is up there. There is a post on here where you send your lights and they do a bake job, put in angel eyes and some other LED...
  25. L

Rattling Noise from Pillar/Passenger Door??

I have read on here the same, and mine does this once in a while after the front window motors were replaced due to shuddering windows when going up or down. Its a metallic tapping sound. Exterior pillar trim on the passenger side is not clipped in tight on many from 2011 thru 2015? and sounds...
Back