Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

5.0 bigger cam, no tune?

I actually saw another thread where a guy was running an 01 Vic torque converter with the same cam I planned on going with. I might have to look into that. I didn't see if he mentioned any other modifications that needed to be done in order to run a Vic converter or if it was just bolt in.
  2. M

5.0 bigger cam, no tune?

I see on your Ranger 5.0 build you ran a stock converter at first. How did it react with the cam you had in your Ranger? That sucks I really wish I could run the xe264hr cam, I can't find anybody that will tune it around here. They get scared when I say it's an Explorer .... Edit: Just saw your...
  3. M

5.0 bigger cam, no tune?

Another question I forgot to ask, I won't need a different torque converter will I? I don't think it would be that aggressive but I want to make sure before I go ahead and pull the trigger on the cam. It's just a stock 5.0 with a 4r70w as I have said previously.
  4. M

5.0 bigger cam, no tune?

One day I would love to hop it up and make it a fun sub-350 HP 4x4, but as of now I daily it in the winter so I do not want a whole lot done to it. I'm trying to keep it more reliable than the 4.0 was.... I swapped it because the timing chain guides fell in my oil pan at around 80k and I drove...
  5. M

5.0 bigger cam, no tune?

When I was rebuilding the engine I was actually going to get some OBX SS headers since I saw they were finally back in stock. I swear the day I went to order them they we out of stock again.... It still looks like they aren't back in stock either which really sucks because they were a good deal.
  6. M

5.0 bigger cam, no tune?

Hey guys, I have a '01 Explorer Sport with a 5.0 out of a 2001 Explorer that I swapped in over this summer. I really wanted to put a cam/springs/pushrods in it when I rebuilt the engine but I needed it back on the road to pull my trailer around so ended up going the stock route. Now it is going...
  7. M

Explorer Sport 4.0 to 5.0 Swap

As long as your 4.0 Explorer Sport is an '01 early production model or older, then the wiring isn't bad. Before I get into everything, a '99 - Early production '01 Explorer Sport is basically a straight swap with a '99 - '01 5.0 donor engine. As a quick rundown, a 2001 Explorer Sport built prior...
  8. M

My radiator fan is always on.

A little more info would help
  9. M

2003 Ford Explorer sport 2dr

are sports any good at offroading? im not really into offroading just wondering the closest thing i did to offroading was put it in 4x4 and drive in my friends cornfield but that was it. my paints too messed up to offroad, it would peel everywhere
  10. M

explorer sport pics

Did you paint the inside of the corners? I literally went through 3 sets of corners trying to open them. The plastic is so thin that they crack very easily. Just wondering what you did for the corners.
  11. M

Does anyone know who built this?

You realize this isnt real right? Somebody made it with photoshop. Lol it has SRT10 ram rims too....
  12. M

Quick Noob Question

For the front put the jack in the middle of the front cross member and put the stands on each side of the cross member. And yes you can use the diff for the rear and put the jacks on either side. Cross member: (be sure not to accidentally jack it up by the oil pan)
  13. M

Mustang engine swap 01 ranger 05 pony

Not sure what it takes to get this thing running wiring wise but usually you have to delete a lot of wiring and add some wiring. Just pay somebody to get the motor fixed. You will regret trying to do an engine swap if you've never done one before, especially on a DD.
  14. M

Lowering 98 2wd

If I cut the front springs I won't have to worry about camber issues or alignment right? Thanks for the reply.
  15. M

FOB is dead. Suggestions?

I should try this. I have always had 2 fobs and one day they both quit and I just assumed it was receiver in the car. It might be the receiver though because I recall the fob's range was getting lower and lower each day until it finally stopped working altogether.
  16. M

How to replace cruise control buttons (w/ pics)

I actually got mine for $6 at the junkyard haha, but it was the memorial half price day so it would have actually been $12. I am also posting how to change the light soon, on my old set one bulb was burnt out and on the new set ones burnt out so I am taking the old bulb that worked and putting...
  17. M

How to replace cruise control buttons (w/ pics)

Hey all. Today was the day I finally decided to go to the junkyard and find a new pair of cruise control buttons for my 2001 explorer sport. This will work for 2001-2003 explorer sport, 2001-2005 sport trac, 1999-2003 ranger. It may also work for some of the four door explorers but I am not sure...
  18. M

Check Fuel Cap Light

I have never replaced mine but every now and then it turns on. I think its because I am not putting it on correctly but it doesn't really bother me. (I actually got a gas cap for my car at the junkyard 2 days ago since mine broke in two, so I am curious to see if the check fuel light will shut...
  19. M

Lowering 98 2wd

Hey guys. I own and explorer but my friend was looking at lowering his 1998 2wd ranger about 2-3 inches. So far we have done some research, but I was just double checking if what we were going to do was correct. We were going to just cut the front springs and do a shackle flip on the rear. I...
  20. M

Were there two different versions of the 4.0 in 2002 Explorer?

Yup, that's the manifold my '01 Sport has. Maybe you accidentally bought an Explorer Sport / Explorer Sport Trac motor. as posted above the first two are normal explorer motors and the bottom pic is a Sport.
  21. M

Stay Away From Baltimore if you have an Explorer

Man I should bring mine down there for an insurance claim haha. But in all honestly its all messed up down there, stay safe.
  22. M

Lift Options for 2001 2WD

You might get some crap for lifting a 2wd from others but if you are do a body lift.
  23. M

Looking for Black housing headlights

Trust me when I say this, if you plan on buying a set of clear corners, opening them in the oven and painting the inside black you will go through a few pairs. On my '01 sport I went through 3 sets of clear corners before I finally figured out a way to open them without them cracking. The corner...
  24. M

Looking into cold air intake 99 ohv v6

Let's be honest here, you will not notice any power from a cold air intake regardless of what people say. You might be able to hear the difference but not physically feel a 10hp (more like 2 hp) gain. I saw people were saying it only sucks in hot engine air and that is only half true. If you...
  25. M

Rocker Panels

If you get them fixed and drive in the winter (if your state uses salt) the rust will come back. This is why no body shop guarantees rust repairs will stay rust free. The rocker repair I did a year or so back has not rusted yet but I do not drive it as much anymore. Just my two cents before you...
Back