Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. goatman

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

Replaced my uppers today. This was not a bad job at all. Even with the worn out ball joint press from our local Advance Auto. Replacements are the Moog greaseable. Pictures of the old and the new.
  2. goatman

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Really nice job. You know.. With the lug nuts you have on your wheels, you could pop on some Second Gen center caps. Paint them or leave 'em chrome..
  3. goatman

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Awesome, I thank you...
  4. goatman

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I like the light bar. Where did you get it and I can't see how it installs.
  5. goatman

Need opinions on wheels and tires

Remember... The 2nd Gen wheels on the 3rd Gen have the right offset to set the wheel out to the edge of the wheel well (+12 vs. +42). Got mine for 20 bucks a piece from the junk yard. Running 275/70/16 Yokohama Geolander H/T-S.
  6. goatman

Next step for a 5r55w.

Oh.. this is not a good sign... Anyone??
  7. goatman

Next step for a 5r55w.

Have an OD light flashing. Per the forum I've changed the solenoid pack, (filter) and refilled. OD light still flashing. Attempting to read the code. My code reader (programmer) will only read codes with engine off then turn the key on without starting the engine method. The code is apparently...
  8. goatman

5R55W Solenoid Block Replacement

Thank you... Switching threads..
  9. goatman

5R55W Solenoid Block Replacement

This is a awesome thread. Just replaced my solenoid pack and did the fighting of gravity thing to put fluid in her (isn't that silly?). Ok... Now the bad news. I was having trouble with the Ex. going into overdrive. This is still the issue. I didn't get that anyone in this thread was having ONLY...
  10. goatman

2004 f150 spacers will fit !

Yes, Lots of pics please...
  11. goatman

How long does the Explorer live?

114,500/ 6 years/ just over 19000/yr.
  12. goatman

3" Exhaust

I'm running 2 1/2 inch from just behind the third cat. This with a Edelbrock RPM series muffler (about equivalent with a 70 series Flowmaster). Nice sound at cruise and opens up nicely when throttle down. I want to go to 3 inch the next time around. I can't think of a reason why you would regret...
  13. goatman

How are your Spacer Lifts doing?

Have been running with RoadBully spacers in the front of my '05 for 30,000 miles. No problems, rides fine, no worries.
  14. goatman

No More BAMA Tunes

+7 Couldn't help getting caught up in the frenzy. Love my SCT Tuner from James..
  15. goatman

Rims

The offset for the stock 3rd. Gen wheel is like a +44. I'm running the 2nd. Gen wheel (+12 offset) on my 3rd. Gen. The wheel/tire is nearing the edge of the wheel well. I think a zero offset would be perfect.. Also, with the 2nd. Gen lug nuts, the 2nd Gen center caps would fit the super 8 wheel.
  16. goatman

Coils and Plugs?

No offense to anyone trying the Bosch, but these plugs are junk in Fords. Motorcraft or Autolites. I have heard that the NGK's hold up decent.
  17. goatman

TRUXXX spacers installed on 3rd Gens - How To

How much lift did you get out of those rear spacers?
  18. goatman

does this work

Never heard of it.. But if it sounds to good to be true.... I feel pretty safe saying that if a programmer like a SCT from Henson could get 50hp and 50tq addition... He'd program it in.
  19. goatman

SCT X3 Arrived.

James sent mine blank. His instructions were to down load a code from the computer, send him that code by email. You chose the tunes you want then he writes the tunes to that coding. Then he sends the codes to you by email. You then down load the tunes to the flasher unit. Then tune the Ex. The...
  20. goatman

Wife's explorer shuts off in the rain

My first thought was also plug wires. If they are original wires.. I'd be looking there first.
  21. goatman

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Appreciate it Potroast...
  22. goatman

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Hey All, I reviewed the entire tread so I hope I'm not asking the same question twice. I'm about to order bearings. Some of the bearing hubs come without sensor cable. I tried to see the hub end of the cable and cannot. The question: Does the sensor cable have a connection at the hub making...
  23. goatman

SCT X3 Arrived.

I'm claiming a mpg gain of 1.5 with the 91 octane tune. From 17 to 18.5. When I get up on the highway for a decent trip, I'll expect to get a little more out of her.
  24. goatman

SCT X3 Arrived.

I ran the 89 Tow Tune for the last week or so. I really like most aspects of it. The only disadvantage is running the engine past about 4000 rpm (getting out of a parking lot to get out of the way of an old guy) you come out of the power band. Hopefully I can adjust shift points.. I installed...
  25. goatman

SCT X3 Arrived.

That would be cool... Let me know. I'll do the same.
Back