Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted

they sell them new at Fast Parts Network, but I wanna pull one out of a junkyard for the 3rd gen, No one has told me what models actually have the gas tank skid....so I dunno what to pull!
  2. S

need tire sugestions plz

Every brand is different....and with my '99 and 31x11.50's...all I had to do was SLIGHTLY skim off a little front bumper (un-noticeable to the eye), and I wish I had gone bigger. That was before the little shackle/TT lift... If your thinking of MT's....then ur also thinking that you need to...
  3. S

2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted

Hey, sometimes you "have" to offroad. Like if its snowing and u cant see obstacles, or if ur even on the road for that matter. I am curious as to who has put in some under-body and gas tank protection on the low riding 3rd gens. Or did u get one stock(gas skid)??? I know that there is a...
  4. S

need tire sugestions plz

Why width 10.50...I would get 11.50 or 12.50 if u can find them in the brand that you are looking for. Probably not gonna be any more cash for a little more width.
  5. S

Rear Crossmember or Skid 2002X???

Forgot to ask....but what pick and pull options do I have for the junkyard.... I.e. which model X's of the 3rd gen can I pull one off, I know FPN is a good company...but I want to check a couple local yards.
  6. S

Sweet...there is a factory one....THX for the info!
  7. S

bump..... I need to know somethin ppl...before it gets too cold to work on my rig...
  8. S

O...BTW...there are mounting holes in the frame for something....hmm....I hope they are for the skid protective plate...but I can't even really tell If I have a stock one on the XLT.... I am confused because my '99 had a grey tank (with no factory skid plate) on the driver side (until I...
  9. S

Look...I know most of you guys have offroad monsters!....and I don't know the correct place for this forum...but beleive me I have searched! I need to know the durablity of a 3rd gen rear gas tank (2002 XLT 4-dr 4x4 IRS/IFS)....I don't offroad anymore...but that is not to say I don't want...
  10. S

where to mount a brushguard?

I think the key is finding some good mounting points for all brush and light guards. I own just a small little Westin safari bar which has been pretty reliable for the money. I was able to ram a crippled chrystler van, for testing purposes, to see how it would hold up. My Westin Safari Bar did...
  11. S

HappyGilmore's newly lifted X

I thought the back of a stock X was slighltly heavier than the front. I dunno maybe it is only 2nd gen like mine. But I forget where the specs sheet is on this websight so I could look it up. But I remember the weight is pretty close front to back.
  12. S

95 Exploader Solid Axle Swap Info Needed for New Owner

What size and type of tires are you gonna run? Why an AAL and an SOA? I would just wait on the AAL and see if you really need it.
  13. S

my limited

"I kinda like the looks of your truck with the safari bar on. Just my opinion I am thinking about getting one for mine. How much trouble is it to install?" -Mdriggan It Shouldn't take long at all to install the safari bar. It probably took me 10-15 minutes if I remember right. The only...
  14. S

OME shocks?

I use monroe sensatracks with my tt and shackles. I don't think longer than stock shocks really help that much with flex, but I could be wrong. Most people with the 2" of lift are probably still using stock length shocks, so pick whatever you want.
  15. S

Super Duty FX4 Hoss Edition - 35's 4.3's Lockers!!

Words cannot describe the rawness of that truck! I gotta get one when my X dies!
  16. S

Only one E-Brake caliper...Problems?

o yea, I meant DRUM....so um, CALIPER=DRUM today
  17. S

I definately know it is NOT the normal brake system and all if functioning well with that. I was under the impression that an Emergency brake and parking brake were the same? But sry for saying E-brake and f*ing up the wording. I just want to know if there is any complications that may arise...
  18. S

I recently busted the cr*p out of my e-brake caliper on my rear end. I then took it off and am running with driver side caliper only. The car still stops with only one caliper when I hit the e-brake. I have a '99 XLT with a 3.73LS 8.8 ( Door code D4 ). Anyway what my question is, will...
  19. S

dont drink and drive

Make SURE you buy and put on a gas tank skid on your new X. I can see that your old one didnt have one. They are worth every penny... Sry about the crash tho man.
  20. S

Exhaust redone.. kinda?

Since your engine still seems kinda new I dont think there is anything to worry about with the fumes. A kleen X like that should not pump out too much carbon monoxide, since complete combustion should be happening in the engine. I think its mostly bad older engines that produce the stuff...
  21. S

Jeep adds LESS-rugged vehicles?!?!

"besides.. they have more travel in their IFS than we do." JasonB How much more are we talking here? A few inches? I have yet to see a liberty in action, but it looks way too soccer mommy to me....I wouldnt buy it. Also the new grand cherokee looks dead up like a Durango. I like the old...
  22. S

Monroe Sensatracs vs. Rancho 5000

I am a 90% on-road 10% off guy. I think that you will be happy with the Sensatrack's over your stock shocks, they are much better than old crusty stock shocks. The only thing that I have to complain about them is that the truck somewhat bobs forward and back on the highway, but it is very...
  23. S

Leaking fluid after towing!

Turns out it is gonna be $2500, and the mechanic is also gonna put a cooler in too. $1000 and $1500 parts. 4-5 days to fix. Auto trans by the way. He asked me about four wheeling again in the truck. I thought that red-lining the engine would be so much worse than four wheeling for a...
  24. S

HELP! The tranny is slipping in mostly first and reverse. Also the overdrive light is blinking in the console. I took it to the Aamco Transmission place near my house and they say it is gonna be $499 plus a couple parts to fix this thing. And that is if the torque converter is still working...
  25. S

THANKS people! I will try to replace the fluid and see if it still runs good. If I see anything bad I will post.
Back