Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

A4LD issues - Squealing coming from below the EX while in D, but none in N or P.

Embarrassingly enough. It was the muffler's heat shield. I didn't notice it right away because one of the top-side fold-over tabs had somehow been bent back over the years, causing the shield to shake loose. Also the holy portion of the shield was rubbing against the surface of the muffler...
  2. N

A4LD issues - Squealing coming from below the EX while in D, but none in N or P.

Fluid is good, right where it needs to be. No foul odor I can smell. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with pressure plates, clutches, bands, solenoids, etc.
  3. N

Not so much a "grinding" more like as if my trans had it's own worn-out serpentine belt. And yeah, I've checked the belt several times. Even ran the engine a few seconds without the belt engaged.
  4. N

Title sums it up really. I recently had my brother swap out the governor, totally fixed the hard 1-2 shift. But recently there's been a squeal that started off faint, but over the past 2 weeks it's gotten quite loud. It's very loud while I've got it in DRIVE, with my foot on the brake (at...
  5. N

Muffler bolt on options.

I live less than a mile from an interstate ramp and getting to work and across town involves a lot of putting my pedal to the metal. I was seriously considering cutting out my cats and running a straight pipe into a 40-series flowmaster. But this has me convinced that's not a good idea. I...
  6. N

A4LD Governor Replacement

This is a tired thread, I know, but does anyone know if there is a kit with all the GOV parts included? I really don't want to order 3 different parts from 3 different websites. The aftermarket spring, is it a specific spring or can I find a similar one that simply fits? Thanks for any help.
  7. N

Can I swap a 92 RWD rear end into my 4X4 93?

I've seen the videos on how to remove the axle shafts, and I don't wanna drain the diff, pull the c-clips and pound out the bearings if I can just pull the rear and slap in another. I have the tools to do that, I don't have the tools to fix my current setup. Turns out, my neighbor sold her...
  8. N

Can I swap a 92 RWD rear end into my 4X4 93?

I had the axle bearings go out in mine, plus it's in need of a working fuel pump. I have pretty much ZERO money to put toward this project, but I'm in dire need of a second car. So I have the opportunity to buy a neighbor's RWD 92 Explorer for $400. I'm thinking I can swap parts, then...
Back