Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Vibration when braking. Anyone Else???

I had the same issue on my Taurus SHO. went through a brake job a year. Havnt had this issue so far with my sport but its very simply that the sport is too big and goes too fast to stop as quickly as we do. The sport has some supersized rotors that I think solve a lot of the issues but if you...
  2. V

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

I think the concerns about the gas mileage valid! I don't think it is unrealistic to expect to get what is advertised on the Explorer. If Ford had not said that it will get 23 on the highway then no one would expect that. Mine is only getting 16 combined and its ridiculous.
  3. V

Ambient Lighting Problems

My lights have been resetting too and it does it in between short stops. I thought maybe long durations of being off were an issue but if i run into the store and back out... every so often it will reset the lights. No issues with my phone with the new update.
  4. V

Push Bar for Explorer

Every one is entitled to their opinion. I certainly have plenty about cars that I see. They have valid concerns about it possibly blocking access to the air vents. Not something that anyone that I know of has had an issue with but certainly something that Ill keep an eye on when I'm running...
  5. V

Push Bar for Explorer

It doesn't block air intake to anything and I didn't adaptive cruise control or collision warning so no sensors to block. The guard on the bottom has vents to enable air to continue to flow into the vehicle. People definitely have been moving over quicker now. ;-)
  6. V

Push Bar for Explorer

Bullbar on 13 Sport Finally got around to getting the bullbar put on. Looks Awesome IMO! :thumbsup: What do you think?? Before: After:
  7. V

Push Bar for Explorer

I have a bull bar sitting in my living room b/c I have to cut part of the air intake for the turbos under the Ex before i can even put the bracket in and then i have to cut the two notches as well... Im like you and hesitant to do it.... but I probably will. Worst case scenario, I can buy a new...
  8. V

Rear ended AGAIN!

This wouldn't happen if the state of Va would pass a texting while driving law that allows people to be stopped for texting while driving. Its a secondary offense so unless you're speeding and texting, nothing anyone can do.
  9. V

Pictures of Ingot Silver Sport with good representation of actual color?

I have had my silver sport for a month and I love the color. Although I really wanted to dark grey that isn't available in the sport, silver was my second choice. Its a great contrast to the black trim. The white with black trim seems too much like a visual war IMO. lol. I had a plat white...
  10. V

wheel nick, extra wheel?

Google wheel repair in your area. There are several companies that will come to your home or work and repair your wheel while you work for around $100 per wheel.
  11. V

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Update... Followed someones advice from an earlier post and Ive gotten my sync to work every time since i deleted it and reset mft. How? When I went to reconnect it, did not connect my phone to MFT, I made MFT search and find my phone and connect that way. So far it has worked nearly...
  12. V

Here's Our New Ride!

Nice color! I really wish they made the sport in this color!
  13. V

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

I am having the same issue and now I remember the fix from the 2010 SHO. I erased my phone from MFT and then readded it only I never allowed it to download my phone book into the car. After that it connected to my phone perfectly every time both to make calls and play music. Only issue is...
  14. V

Cannot believe this!!!!!

..... Dealers and salesman are definitely out to make money... I ordered my sport two month ago. They even had my name typed on the window sticker when it arrived.... It showed up and 3 hrs later I was there to pick it up. By the time that I got there, salesmen had already called a couple...
  15. V

New Sport

Gotcha... think i have it figured out now then. Thanks everyone!
  16. V

New Sport

hmmm.... cant figure out how to post a picture on here...
  17. V

New Sport

Just took delivery tonight! Traded in my 2010 Taurus SHO for the 13 Explorer Sport... So far so good... Feels like a monster truck compared to the SHO but its awesome!:thumbsup:
  18. V

New Sport arrival

Question about your second row seats... Do they slide forward and back and recline? :salute:
  19. V

2011 Ford Explorer Transmission Problems?

:thumbsup: I had a similar issue with my 2010 Taurus SHO. Same engine as the Sport. The transfer case had a failure and dropped a bearing out and it took them 13 days to figure it out, find a new transfer case, and install it. They initially thought it was the transmission though. I ended up...
Back