Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Aries 4" Oval Nerf Bars / Running Boards 11-15 Explorer

Yeah, I have those. Are you in Cincinnati by chance? $75
  2. B

Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust 11-15 Explorer

Price dropped to $375. Going to scrap soon.
  3. B

Sorry, haven't been checking the thread and responses must be going to spam. Sorry but they're just too big and heavy for me to ship. Going to scrap soon.
  4. B

Used for about 1 year but before selling truck. Asking $150. Pickup only in the Cincinnati, OH area.
  5. B

Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust 11-15 Explorer

Magnaflow P/N 15467 Exhaust System for the naturally aspirated 3.5L Explorers. Had on for about 1 year and sold truck. Asking $375. Pickup in the Cincinnati, OH area only.
  6. B

Lowering the Explorer

Running boards are Aries. Springs are Ford Flex.
  7. B

Black as night

Looks good. I like those wheels. Post pics when you're done.
  8. B

Black as night

I assume an etch primer is an etch primer, not sure. Mine ppg in a can from my auto shop. For regular primer I used SEM 39133 flexible primer surfacer in a spray can, stuff is awesome. I didn't replace the tape but probably should have as it doesn't sit perfectly flush now.
  9. B

Black as night

I painted the moldings with body paint, same as the handles. I scuffed them, then used an etch primer followed by a regular primer, then base & clear. They are attached with spring clips and double sided tape. I used a straightedge to cut the tape (it's kind of a foam tape) I then unclipped...
  10. B

22" Wheels For Explorer

Correct, the limited had 20's. Road noise is slightly more but nothing annoying. Exhaust is louder ;) Never weighed either.
  11. B

Black as night

Not sure how it could be done. I think it looks better wide open, no reflector of any kind. No problems yet here in Ohio, knock on wood.
  12. B

Black as night

Thanks for the compliments. Once you get the headlight apart you'll see all of the reflective plastic that needs to be painted. Hard to explain without actually getting in there and seeing it for yourself. If memory serves I used Krylon semi-gloss. Yes, the amber was completely removed. There...
  13. B

22" Wheels For Explorer

Thanks. Yes, water can get in but it just drains out the bottom of the fender. That area isn't completely sealed off even without the vents. The ride is a little rougher than stock but still plenty comfortable.
  14. B

Wheel Spacers

Yep, ford flex lowering springs from H&R.
  15. B

Wheel Spacers

The fender has a slight opening at the very bottom enough to let water out. Water gets I there anyway even without a vent.
  16. B

Painting or Plastic Dip Door handles

It's now been 3 or 4 months since I painted my handles as well as the other chrome and it's all holding up perfectly. The trick is to dull the chrome with a scotchbrite and then etch prime them before regular prime and paint. Without etch prime it will probably flake.
  17. B

Wheel Spacers

What a POS. Nice find. I went on eBay to report him but their reporting tool is a joke. You have to choose specific categories and there is no place to write a letter of sorts. No contact number either. I'll dig further later. There is some drone but not enough to bother me. The vents are...
  18. B

Wheel Spacers

Thanks guys. Yes, it is a Magnaflow catback.
  19. B

Lowering the Explorer

So far so good.
  20. B

Lowering the Explorer

It's now -1.4 left, -1.8 right. If I really wanted to I could shift the cradle and get them both to -1.6 but I'm happy with it. Factory specs i think are +.14 to -1.5.
  21. B

Painted door handles?

See http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386478
  22. B

Lowering the Explorer

You DO NOT want to go any lower than what the flex springs give you. It will look ridiculous and you will rub.
  23. B

Wheel Spacers

Yes, they are OEM guards. They just touch the nerf bars. If I remember correctly there might be a little for/aft adjustment on the bars.
  24. B

Painting or Plastic Dip Door handles

Damn, where were you a month ago haha.
Back