Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Aftermarket speedometer

No i meant fit into the preexisting electrical harness, or would i have to splice all the wires into it?
  2. J

Aftermarket speedometer

So would any aftermarket speedometer and all the other gauges fit or would i need vehicle specific gauges?
  3. J

3 inch Lift kit for ford explorer

Yeah, i got a 2wd. It just seems that most of the money for that thing would be for the spindels. Which too me seems like a lot of money, but then again i dont know how much spindels cost seperatley.
  4. J

3 inch Lift kit for ford explorer

3 in lift kit I know every now and then people come on here and ask specifcally what kind of lift kit to get or what kind of shackles or where to get the parts. I found this today and just wanted to put this out there and also see if anyone thinks this is a good deal. Its a package of...
  5. J

Aftermarket speedometer

I am doing somework on my interior right now and i was planning on fiberglassing a new dash board. Like somebody else on here likes do ;) anyways i was wondering if it is possible to buy some new speedometers and tachometers and all the new gauges to install into my dash. To make it look more...
  6. J

Help with hooking up my indash screen

Thats sweet, does it help you out foxxing johhny law? If it does where did you get it? I finally got my screen to fit in right, got wiring done prefect and i have taken a very clear picture of my screen, hope this helps you if you ever wondered about buying an ebay screen. Also...
  7. J

I think with mine it neds about another 1/4 in of clearence maybe less. I could pull it out but then i would have to add fiberglass or duct tape to keep it out so it doesnt go back in.
  8. J

when the screen comes out and goes back it hits the AC vent and i think this might wear out the gears in the motor sooner or later.if you have somebody who will hook you up and install this for you, then you should by all means get this. As long as you know some basic wiring you will be fine. If...
  9. J

This is my review on my screen so far. On the picture quality, it is superb. Up there with name brand screens. it is also easy to use. Now the bad things. I had to do some trimming to get them to fit in there. Unfortunatly i was in such a hurry i didnt bother to take out that black peice...
  10. J

The yellow wire was for a continous current, thats why it stays partially lit at night, o figured what im going to do is just dissconnect that one and just keep the power and ground hooked up so it turns off compltley when the car is off. The yellow wire is just there to provied minimal energy...
  11. J

When the screen opens it hits the back of the AC vent and is pushed out of where its located. If anybody has any tips on where i can move the screen or how i can fix this problem i would like some tips. Im having trouble right now just keeping the screen inside of the dash becuase anytime i...
  12. J

New Indash Screen Here is another shot of it at night. Here is what im talking about when i turn off my car. The thing stays in standby like this, once i find out which one if the remot wire and connect it, this should stop.
  13. J

i know, i asked the guy specfically for the white and green wire, didnt even ask for anything else, and he told me about everything except for the white wire. I just wired it the way i thought it should be since ive worked with regular headunits before. I think this screen is amazing and...
  14. J

Yeah it came from hong kong, and i got the pictures to work now so you can see that it actually works.
  15. J

I got the screen installed and i figured out that between the green wire and the white wire, one of them is a remote wire. The screen looks very good, the picture is very clear. For the price it is amazing. I had to trim out alot of the dash just to get both of them to fit, and right now i...
  16. J

yeah i figured out yellow earlier today, i remembered it is a continuous current, but what is a "lock line" for the green wire? The white one im thinking like he said, left audio, or maybe connect to a praking brake.
  17. J

Here is the link to the product that i bought if it helps any. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5770938419&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
  18. J

yeah i know the groud wires and power wires, and it uses rca inputs, thats why im wondering what else the other wires could be, so i have a idea before tearing into my truck tomorrow morning. Regarding the brand and model, its nothing but an ebay indash motorized screen, the person i buy the...
  19. J

New Indash Screen I just got my new indash screen off of ebay and i dont know where to hooks a few of these wries too. Do i just splice them into the already connected to the head unit for the power and ground? EDIT: Here is a picture of what the wires look like, I havent had a chance to...
  20. J

ATTN: Flowmaster Dual 40 Series Owners

could somebody please answer the question?
  21. J

Many problems plus a small rant.

Its been awhile since ive see nthis thread. Well i got $600 back from the warrenty comapny. I went to the ford ealership to get it fixed and it cost like alot of money, I only paid like i think $300 and the warrenty comapny covered the rest. The dealership lacky told me that the TSB was...
  22. J

ATTN: Flowmaster Dual 40 Series Owners

Will a single 3in dual 2.5in out fit good on a mounty? I have the v6. Also, will 2 flowmaster 40s on my mounty take away alot of power, and how would that setup sound? EDIT:These are the mufflers im bidding on I dont really want them, i was just messing around and im hoping somebody out...
  23. J

Custom exhaust finished, sounds great

Where did you get your flowmaster from? They installed everything for $70?
  24. J

Many problems plus a small rant.

So if I go back to the mechanic do I ask him to repair it again since he didn't get it right? I don't know if the codes are the same, but the new ones are 171 and 174. After reading what alot of people said about the check engine light coming on I think I have the same problem. What the...
Back