Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Bought 2018 with 1200 miles - new question

Thank you! Considering we are very happy with our 2014, I believe we will be just as pleased with the 2018!
  2. J

Here is what is stated on CarFax: Vehicle purchase reported Title issued or updated Dealer took title of this vehicle while it was in inventory
  3. J

Thank you for the information provided above. The vehicle was not purchased in AK. Yes, the CarFax is clean and indicates it was titled to the Dealership and gives that date as the beginning of the factory warranty.
  4. J

We did buy an ESP for our 2014 though a recommendation on this form. Definitely will do it that way if we decide to purchase and I appreciate the reminder!
  5. J

2018 with 1,200 miles dealer demo - is this a good deal?

Thanks to all who have answered. We considered all of your thoughts and did purchase the vehicle. They assured us it was driven by a manager, not a courtesy car or rental. Hope it proves to be as good of vehicle as our 2014 has been. We are keeping the 2014 also.
  6. J

So, we bought the 2018 EX with 1200 mile dealer demo which they assured us was driven by a manager and not a courtesy car. They did mention quotas as to being a reason for it being titled. The B2B warranty began April 1, 2019 and they are throwing in a 7 yr/200,000 Extended power train...
  7. J

2018 with 1,200 miles dealer demo - is this a good deal?

Hi all, We have come across a 2018 XLT 4WD with a 2.3 eco boost and the 201A package. It is a dealer demo being sold pre-owned as it is titled to the dealer. It has 1,200 miles on it. Almost a full 3 years warranty left. They are asking around 30K, MSRP is just over 40K. We know nothing...
  8. J

Dirty rotton A$$HOLES!!!!!

So sorry this has happened to you! Thieves are scum of the earth! One thing we did as soon as we bought our EX is buy a black sheet. We immediately took off from the dealer (out of state) for a 5000 mile road trip and one of my fears was that someone would see our suitcases and break in...
  9. J

DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

That makes perfect sense peterk9!:thumbsup: We are happy enough with the amber.:)
  10. J

DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

We had the dealer turn on our DRL on a 14 XLT last August using the instructions from the forum. They did say they couldn't get the white lights on but were definitely able to get the amber ones on. I don't know why, or if, there was an issue with the white lights as I think the 14 XLT has the...
  11. J

Purchasing a new 2014 XLT?

Ordered a 2014 Silver XLT 202A package, BLIS, and Power Liftgate last Summer through a dealer in Washington State participating in the Costco Auto program. Paid $600 under invoice plus received $2000 in Ford incentives. Very pleased with the vehicle.:thumbsup:
  12. J

Has anyone got the Cargo Security Shade?

We did the same. We did a 5 week road trip (5000+ miles) immediately when we drove off the lot. Our first purchase for our EX was a black sheet. We put it over the suitcases and it was as if they disappeared! We also have the black interior. Works like a charm and cheap!
  13. J

Heated/Cooled Seats Voice Command

Thank you, Peterk9. As always you come to the rescue with the answer and great information. Truly, I did search but my search skill are lacking I am afraid! Thanks again!
  14. J

Heated/Cooled Seats Voice Command

Heated seat On/Off Voice command I have searched for this answer and also read the owners manual but couldn't find anything so I apologize in advance if I missed it. Is there a voice command to turn on/off the heated seats? I have tried various commands that I thought might work and nothing...
  15. J

Battery Life

Yup! :):)
  16. J

Battery Life

Our 2014 EX is just about 7 weeks old and hopefully the battery will last as long as the original battery in our 96 EX. It is 17 years old and still going strong. On top of that we are in Alaska and for between 12-20 weeks every winter it has been parked (unheated) and not started. Never once...
  17. J

Anyone driving a 2014 yet?

Looks sharp, Chadhump! Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase!:)
  18. J

Thanks Peterk9! Will take a look! Congratulations Newsier! Can't wait for a report. Ours was built 7/8 but we won't be picking up till August 21...counting down!:)
  19. J

Is anyone out there driving their 2014 yet? How is it? Fit and Finish, etc? Any problems noticed? Thanks for any input!
  20. J

How long does it take to actually build an EX?

Thanks so much, Cory! That is indeed great news! Our trip plans put us at the Dealer the week of 8/19...so looks like it will arrive before us (with a little leeway even!) and be available for our trip. Once it actually arrives at the Dealer we can cancel our "just in case" rental car...
  21. J

Thanks, Riley! Amazing they can build it so quickly.
  22. J

Thanks, Rebecca! We have an XLT with the 202A package so we will have my Ford Touch. Thanks for the great info. I will sign up/register with Sync a week or so before we leave home. That will work out great! Thanks for the link! I will check out the info. I have looked at some...
  23. J

I got a VIN # a couple weeks ago and found our window sticker. After deciphering it, our build date is TODAY!!!! :D So, I am just curious, how long does it actually take to build an EX? Also, since we will be picking it up at a dealer in another state and doing a road trip before barging her...
  24. J

Ignition Cylinder Fail, Second Time!

Thanks peterk9! As always, you provided great information!:) When our 14 XLT arrives, I will highlight that in our manual...just in case!
Back