Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

07 Explorer - Loss of Power

Not gonna know until you have Ford read the stored codes.
  2. J

BW4410(Full-Time) on Exp2007

The PCM is probably the one that's throwing a fit. Outside of swapping that, there *may* be a way to eliminate the error with a custom ECU tune, but I'm not 100% sure.
  3. J

Newb with tune questions/need buying advice

That's pretty much the conclusion I've arrived at. It's got General Grabbers on it right now which are pretty good year-round tires for New England. Fluids, keeping my foot out of it, and intake/tune and eventually exhaust I think should help considerably. For reference, this is the truck...
  4. J

3/8 impact gun vs tsb??

Heat or no heat seems to be a choice made by the tech doing the job. the official TSB documents say use a cold engine. The anti-seize Ford used originally was a copper based one, and they changed to a Nickel based one which I imagine is due to a higher heat tolerance and resists breakdown...
  5. J

3/8 impact gun vs tsb??

warming the engine expands the metals and should, in theory, help them to come out. The anti-seize should certainly make it much easier to remove them down the line.
  6. J

BW4410(Full-Time) on Exp2007

I think you're stuck unless you were to get an ECU from a model that has the full time AWD transfer case. Your truck is looking for the 4411 t-case, but isn't finding it. As such, it sees it as a fault.
  7. J

Acceleration Vibration

it's not throwing any codes at all? Have you investigated the possibility of motor and/or trans mounts?
  8. J

TRUXXX lift kit & Ball Joint FAilure

if you're lifting, you're probably putting larger wheels and tires. That increases unsprung weight, and puts much more stress on suspension components. Off roading only adds to these stresses. Ball joints and outer tie rod ends have a finite service life; they all wear out eventually...
  9. J

*HELP* Codes PO171 & PO303

when you say you swapped the coils, do you mean you swapped the #3 coil with a diff cylinder and then the misfire still occurred on #3? I agree with polizi212, this screams of a vac leak, maybe even a PCV issue.
  10. J

07 Explorer - Loss of Power

you may need to get it to a ford dealer to read the ECU as the generic scanner at the auto parts store won't tell you everything. It sounds like the truck is going into limp mode, and then shutting it off and restarting resolves it. When you were towing and it downshifted, and when you hit the...
  11. J

Is it ok to switch to 10w-30?

the straight answer: It won't hurt anything, but you're not likely to gain anything from it either.
  12. J

that seems counterintuitive...typically when not under load, a tune will 'trim the fat' so to speak from the lower end of the fuel table and give you better mileage when cruising. What tune was it that you had? And what grade of fuel were you using? I've seen reports that using premium fuel...
  13. J

Ok, so the trans TSB and I'm assuming from your wording that the spark plugs SHOULD have been changed at some point? I know the 5.4's had problems with plugs but I didn't think the 4.6's did. Well, with 93k on the clock I'd probably do em anyway if they hadn't been done.
  14. J

Hey guys, Recently I've had to start looking for an SUV thanks to some lifestyle changes (moved in with GF, she has a daughter, we adopted an 82lb choc lab), and a dealer around the corner from me has an Ex that I"m looking at (2006 EB V8 4x4 to be exact) I've got a lot of experience with...
Back