Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Seat Leather Stretching, Clips Letting Go

It took some doing, but I was finally able to reattach my driver's side, front leather seat clip (2019 Explorer). This method does not require loosening or dismantling the car seat. The trick is to sit in the seat. Curl inward the loose leather tab that has the sewn-in clip, and then press...
  2. M

Need help, dies out when I give it throttle

If it is gas that is leaking, it's most likely a leaky fuel pump or a leaking fuel line. That needs to be fixed right away. If you are able to see the fuel pump, see if the leak to coming from there. Could be that the gas is seeping out from the gasket where the fuel pump is mounted. Given...
  3. M

"NAV SD Card Fault"

Update: I've been able to actually reproduce the Navigation Fault issue. It's a little strange, but I thought I'd report it here - and see if anyone has a suggestion. If the car is turned off, and I use the key fob to open the power liftgate, and then use the button on the liftgate to close...
  4. M

"NAV SD Card Fault"

Rebecca-- Unfortunately, the problem recurred again yesterday. Same symptoms: "Navigation Fault". I shut off the car, and waited awhile, then restarted the car, but the Nav fault was still present. I removed/re-inserted the SD Nav card. This cleared the fault. After shutting off the...
  5. M

"NAV SD Card Fault"

Orrobbins-- I do not have an iPhone. I have a rather old Samsung T349 - which does have Bluetooth. When I was having the issue with the Navigation fault - I did an experiment where I shut off the Bluetooth feature of my cell phone - and the car still got the Navigation fault after a...
  6. M

"NAV SD Card Fault"

Orrobbins-- Here's an update to my situation with my 2012 Explorer Limited. The symptoms were: Frequent display of the "Navigation Fault" message. The problem could be cleared by removing/re-inserting the SD Nav card. This was followed by a reboot of the MFT system when the car was...
  7. M

"NAV SD Card Fault"

Navigation Fault in 2012 Explorer with Sync / MFT I have a 2012 Explorer Limited. I’ve updated the Sync system to the 3.5.1 MFT software, and replaced the Navigation SD card with the new A4 card. About every other day, I get a “Navigation Fault” indicated on the screen. The only way I...
  8. M

Greetings from Fort Collins, CO

Greetings to Ford Explorer owners. I'm Michael Bishop in Fort Collins, CO. I've previously owned a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT - and now own a 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. I'm presently having some issues with the MFT Navigation, which I will post in a different forum. Kind regards, Michael...
Back