Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

What do you hate or love about owning an ST? Out of curiosity, fun post!

Stupid Fuse Box location I changed a trailer fuse this morning. It is stupid where they located the fuse box. You almost have to be an contortionist to change out a fuse when there is a perfectly located removable panel on the drivers side of the dash.
  2. M

Wheel hub studs

I replaced them on the left front of my 2008 4WD 4.6 without removing nothing but the wheel. I had to position it in the right position, and don't think I even had to remove any metal from behind to do it. MM
  3. M

2008 4.6 engine pull

I know a lot of people have done it, but on the average, how long dose it take to pull an engine, and can you pull it without the trans. It is 4WD. I have a hoist and about every tool a person can have and have done dozen's of other vehicles. I don't think an engine pull is in the immediate...
  4. M

My 4.6 passenger side exhaust header repair

From what I have read, the driver's side is easier to get at/see. Getting started in the center of the broken stud, and especially drilling straight after you find the center, As I described earlier, I wouldn't do it if I didn't have a guide to keep me straight with the stud. If you go in...
  5. M

Mine started at about 90,000 miles with a small noise at initial startup that sounds a little like a lifter noise, . It is best heard (if by yourself) parked with a building or wall on the passenger side and window rolled down. Or you can start it and go around quickly and listen at the wheel...
  6. M

At the Ford dealership, They thought SnapOn sells one, but it was expensive. A new head is expensive, paying a dealer hundreds of dollars is expensive. My labor is free to me, but if I was to do this for someone(which I wouldn't), would be expensive also. I notice that the new gaskets...
  7. M

Well I tore into it this weekend. Two front studs broke off on passenger side. Went to Ford parts and they said their new manifolds were the same as the original on the motor. The manifold was warped .040. I had a friend mill it flat, hoping it was warped as far as it wanted to go. now to...
  8. M

Wind Noise problem around doors

In my case it was the door gasket that shrunk. I was able to pull some excess gasket from under the door threshold and work it around the frame till it was tight all around. no adhesive required.
  9. M

4UCam backup camera installed

Contacted Mfg., said there is only 30 day warranty from items purchased from EBay, but they gave me some things to try and fix. . I downloaded a different app for my phone and so far it is working, there was not a problem with the unit, just the app on my phone (so far). MM
  10. M

2008 4.6 Exhaust Manifold--- milling

Has any one tried milling the manifolds flat? maybe they will just warp so far, then flattening the up will be better than a new manifold. Don't want to go thru this again in another 60,000 miles . Or is there a new, improved, better than OEM cast iron model
  11. M

08 4.6l exhaust manifold leak, snapped bolts

The best way to remove a broken stud/bolt that is flush with the surface is to tig weld a washer that is a little bit larger that the broken stud, to the end of the stud, then weld a nut to the washer, then if lucky, it will twist out.. I have done several of them this way
  12. M

It isn't working now and was iffey when it was working, Not going to recommend it. I havn't contacted them to see if they will fix problem. MM
  13. M

Sorry to be so long to reply, been gone playen. I purchased it on EBay for 115.00/free shipping.
  14. M

I just put a 4UCam system in my 08 ST. I liked the idea of using my cell for the monitor as the truk is really short of storage space for gadgets, and I didn't want the monitor installed permanently on the dash. The license plate camera was easy to install, but it wouldn't look down far...
  15. M

Fuse pannel Rant

What engineering genius put the fuse panel up under the dash where it is almost impossible to get to without being a contortionist when there is a handy removable panel on the end of the dash?
  16. M

OAT Help

17. M

OAT Help

Thank's for the help. Why didn't somebody say "Push the little button Dummie?"
  18. M

OAT Help

I changed my battery, now there is no Outside Air Temp displayed. How do I reset please. Thank's MM
  19. M

In need of a 18" wheel

I purchased one on ebay for 205.00. I torqued these wheel's @ 100 FtLbs when I bought the truck and after 8,000 miles it came loose. I thought it was a wheel bearing so I drove it 60 miles home. expensive lesson learned.
  20. M

In need of a 18" wheel

I live in eastern Ks and just trashed a wheel on my 2008 sport trac. any one have one for sale? MM
  21. M

Disable Key In Ignition Chime

Has any one found a way to defeat the "Key In Ignition Chime" 2008 sport trac. I have cut and re- soldered every wire going to the switch and if I found one that would disable the chime, something else wouldn't work. I couldn't find a way to defeat it in the tumbler either and I can't find a...
  22. M

Jerky 2008 sport trac V/8

I changed the plug's (Got all 8 out without breaking any off) drove it about 50 miles and didn't have the problem, but it has been intermittent in the past. hoping the plug's fixed the problem.
  23. M

Jerky 2008 sport trac V/8

I have a bump or jerk and don't know if it is in the trans or motor. I think it's the trans as it seam's to do it under partial throttle and around 60 mph. It jerk's like an engine miss, but I have never felt in in the lower gear's at the same throttle position. I wonder if it's the trans...
Back