Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Contribute your experience: Ford Explorers 2016-2019

I traded my '13 Sport for a '19 and I am disappointed. My biggest disappointment is in performance. My '19 doesn't have near the power of my '13. I think it's a transmission mapping change that seems to always have it a gear to high. Probably done to gin up fuel economy. Also, there are a few...
  2. M

2019 Sport Performance

Just under 3k miles. No tune - pure stock. I thought the hp and torque specs were the same also, which is why my seat of the panys observation surprised me. maybe they changed the mapping of shift points for better mileage? Always seems to be at 1500 rpms and one gear too high.
  3. M

2019 Sport Performance

Traded my 2013 Sport for a 2019 and I really feel a fall off in power and acceleration. Anybody else notice this? Granted, it's just my seat of the pants observation, but the engine just does not feel like it pulls like my 2013 did.
  4. M

Towing with a 2015 Explorer

I purchased the Trailer Tow Package on my '13 Sport thinking that would be sufficient to tow my 2300 lb Cobra on a 1500 lb trailer. Do I need a to install a weight distribution hitch? I did just tow a 1300 lb sand rail on an heavy a$$ 2200 lb U-Haul car trailer from Phoenix to Los Angeles...
  5. M

Removing Warning Stickers From Visors

Annoying Visor Warnings Has anyone found an effective way to remove those annoying yellow stickers on the visors? I didn't want to start peeling them off and only get them partially off.
  6. M

2014 Exhaust Upgrade Question: Size and Offset>>>

Thanks for the pics and video. Looks and sounds great. Just a correction: the part number for the unit is 842446. thanks again
  7. M

New Explorer Sport

I know have about 14,000 miles on my '13 Sport and agree with everything Kevin said above, with one small exception. I don't find MFT to be as intuitive or easy to use as I think it could be. I don't hate it like others have posted, but I can't say I love it either. The other big plus in my...
  8. M

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards / DIY Pics

I was able to install the rears without removing the wheels.
  9. M

Question on Cover over USB port area

Hmm . . . my '13 Sport does have the notch. So I can run a cable out to my phone and keep the cover closed.
  10. M

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

I have 12,500 miles on my '13 Sport and I'm getting right around 18-18.2 mpg on combined highway and city. I'm pleased. Particularly coming out of a Navigator that go 11 mpg and could only run premium.
  11. M

What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your Explorer that you love

thanks to 13Sport and this thread, I will have only driven my car for 6 months before realizing this. And I'm the type of guy that actually reads Owner's manuals.
  12. M

Great Ford Dealerships

I agree with both of the above posts!
  13. M

Great Ford Dealerships

I don't want to hijack the thread, but if anyone wanted to start a bad dealer thread, I'm all over it!
  14. M

What color/colour is your 2013/14 Ford Explorer Sport?

Platinum White Tri-Coat with the sienna brown/black seats
  15. M

'14 Explorer engine hesitation at low RPMs

I have noticed this as well, but I attributed it to a combination of turbo lag and the tranny shifting down.
  16. M

Warning: Magnaflow #15218 Cat-Back

I've enjoyed following this thread and apprecaite all the info and pics you posted. Please follow up after you've got some miles with the new exhaust system with observations on dronning, sound and any perceived performance improvements.
  17. M

Warning: Magnaflow #15218 Cat-Back

CobraJohn, do I understand correctly that the new inventory of the 15218 is a bolt-on with no problems from the rear hangers? Cobra Matt :-)
  18. M

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Did the updateto 3.6. Took 30 plus minutes as advertised and no issues. Just a word of caution; during the update you'll get a few instances where the display goes dark for a few minutes. Don't worry, this is how it works. I didn't have any of the iPhone sync issues discussed here, just wanted...
Back