Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

oil filter from hell!!!

TSP and scrub brush After Soaking up the majority with rags and kitty litter, get some Trisodium phosphate (TSP) that you get for prepping surfaces such as interior walls of homes that need painting. Get it at your local paint dept for 3$ for a pint or so. Pour a bunch on the stain add a...
  2. B

Rattling in front end

Me too either... I have the same symptoms, can't find the noise source. I am replacing the brake pads as a last ditch effort. The rattling seems to lessen, stop if I apply brakes when road is rough enough to cause such rattling. Turning up the radio works temporarily... Yvon
  3. B

Engine Vibration

Do you think it is fuel related? Fuel filter, low fuel pump pressure? Emissions? O2 Sensor? Any trouble codes? I can't comment on past experience on the Ex as I have only had it for 2 yrs, but can sympathise with you as these are hard to diagnose symptoms that you are having. Wishing you the...
  4. B

Engine Vibration

Which Ex? I see you have three by your sig. Which one causes this problem? Hows the gas mileage since problem has shown up? Yvon :exp:
  5. B

Regarding oil, would 10W30 work

No 5-W-30? I can't believe you can't find 5 w 30 in Richmond Hill. I would change to 5-W-30 in the winter if you go through with the switch to 10-W-30 though. Just my opinion. Good luck
  6. B

Reflex Wipers from Crappy Tire

Any of the Canucks try these yet? http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374303517476&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474396670271&bmUID=1107887497627&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443278593&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true CT says that they're...
  7. B

Looking For Advice On 99 Dodge

Try www.allpar.com. Almost as informative as this site. Nah, on second thought, doesn't come close, but I use that site for access to forums on our chrysler. :hammer: Good luck. Yvon
  8. B

bushing removal help?

I haven't done any lift but have read up on some but still concerned about that very thing of fighting with the hardware :mad: . If you've done the necessary prep work: spray the break free n wait, removing brake lines, fan shroud, and all other gotchas, try undoing all the body mount bolts on...
  9. B

How to: IAC valve cleaning thread (w/pics)

Enough beating around the bush, guy. :cool:
  10. B

false floor project!

Nice Idea I'd like to mfr a sectional somewhat using the same idea as yours. Either full seat down 2 part config or the back part only w back seats raised. Im sure someones done this b4. Maybe compartments for safety/camp gear, jack, coolies,etc. I dont have any lectronic stuff to hide (or...
  11. B

Horn repair stalled -'95 Explorer

Not sure if you did this check or not. You might wanna try a ground substitute as it seems that you say the arm mounting the horns is difficult to remove and not sure for the x, but other vehicles get their ground from the horn casing through the mount, to the chassis by virtue of the...
  12. B

E-Brake Problem

Should apologise for not introducing myself though Sorry for responding w/o sayin I'm the nubie but have learnt alot from all of yas since I've signed in January. THanks and keep up the splodin' and splainin' Yvon
  13. B

E-Brake Problem

E-brakes You might want to try tightening the shoes via the rear brake self adjusters. No tools are even required for this part. :thumbsup: On a straight stretch of non-occupied road, put the vehicle in reverse and back up, subsequently applying the brakes aggressively. REdo this 2-3 times...
Back