Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Good-Bye

Well...after 11 years and 180k miles, after 8 transmissions and numerous no-starts, its time to say good bye. I had a love-hate relationship w/ my Explorer but as we all know life goes on. I traded her in yesterday on a 2007 Mazda CX-7 GT. I couldn't say no...I got the car for invoice and...
  2. O

I Want To Buy An Explorer. Is It Right For Me? Reliable? Weak Points? Need Info

I just rolled 175k today...get about 16mpg mixed and haven't had any major problems in 75k miles now :)
  3. O

Passenger window wont work

Mine did this from both sides...I took apart the driver's side, cleaned the contacts and reconnected them tight. Now it works perfectly. That's probably what I'll have to do for the passenger side as well some weekend when I don't have so much to do.
  4. O

Oil Pressure Gauge Dropping

Mine has bounced around for a few years now...I ignore it. Nothing is wrong w/ the car, the sender is just whacked.
  5. O

Temperature gauge dance-no overheating

replace the t-stat
  6. O

Changing differential lubricant

Just take it to Jiffy lube...$36 and its done.
  7. O

Trailer Towing

You'll be fine, my boat is a little over 4,000 LBS and my Ex. does just fine now that I have a tranny cooler. :)
  8. O

Yikes... water in the transmission!!!

Just had something similar happen w/ my front diff. today. Got it flushed and what do ya know...water in the front diff. No leaks or anything. I'm not too worried, I don't use the 4WD much, if ever but I'm glad I got it flushed when I did. That could have been disasterous later down the road.
  9. O

Head light changing

To change the whole assembly you have to 1st remove the grill, then the parking lights then you'll have access to the headlights. I did this just last year. No manual needed, I found all my info right here.
  10. O

97 Explorer 4.0 OHC Transmission

I didn't know the 4.0L OHC engine was ever hooked up to the 5Spd Auto. You learn something new everyday I guess.
  11. O

96 SOHC XLT All Disc Brakes or?

'96 SOHC? Am I missing something here?
  12. O

i am fed up with this front end!!!

Ditto...mine is always making some kinda clanking noise. I'm used to it and it hasn't fallen off the frame yet so...we're good! :)
  13. O

Cross your fingers for us...

Got her back...and man...the pin striping sure has changed in the last 11 years! LOL...That's ok, it only 'slightly' doesn't match but thats what you get when you try to mesh 11 years of paint and oxidation w/ something brand new. She looks good though. Now...I need to get that pass. side...
  14. O

Drivers Door Handle Loose

Mine did that and was just the spring...pita to fix but I did for the reasons above.
  15. O

Buy or no? $3900 '99 154k miles

Seems like a good deal...my Explorer was just appraised at $4,950 and I have 175k on the clock.
  16. O

96 Cat Question

I have a hi-flow and it didn't do ****. Just a replacement as it turned out.
  17. O

downshifting clunk, 2-1 clunk, everyone with the problem in here

Yes I am...one of them actually burnt up on their test drive before returning it to me. This one is a good one though...I've had it for about 70k miles.
  18. O

As of today they've decided to fix my car. We're happy about that but now its time to get new tires...she's going to look as strait as she did 11 years ago on the showroom floor! :) :)
  19. O

This thread needs some ACTION...POLL: Milage Check and Work in last 10,000 miles

175,000 miles - oil changes, a rear diff. fluid change, new thermostat and new AIV. Now we're waiting to hear whether or not she's done for since she got hit a month ago.
  20. O

advice needed - do I sell my Explorer or drive it 3000 miles?

It'll make the trip no problem. Keep your originally salt and snow free Explorer. Don't buy another up there if you know how meticulously it was cared for. Makes no sense IMO.
  21. O

Explorer's didn't do too bad

The 500 will do better once it gets the new engine. I've driven it, we have them in our fleet and it really is a nice car. It just needs more power...and an a nice SHO/SVT treatment would be killer.
  22. O

Well...as of yesterday they valued my Ex at about $5k. Which really surprised me, I thought it was worth less seeing as I have 175k on the clock. Although I have just about every single oil change, part change anything reciept you can think of. They apperently need to do a "strip-down" to...
  23. O

When driving in town do you keep the OD off?

OMG...no. Towing and off road only. Come on guys...
  24. O

Still waiting on the other guys insurance company to come out and look at the truck. How long does this stuff take normally? Anyone know? They already got a recorded statement and the police report...I'm waiting on their adjustor.
Back