Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

I need help with changing tranny fluid in a 2017 ford explorer.

Drain and fill. I use the "call me when its done" method.
  2. B

PTU toast?

IT looks fine to me. I don't see any tranny fluid any where, so I'd leave it alone. Don't know what that spatter could be, but it seems old and static. Meh.
  3. B

New Here and Trying to Figure Out AC

Get a can of crappy freon at any auto parts store, make sure it has a pressure gauge on it . Attach the hose with the gauge to the appropriate AC line connector. Read the gauge with the engine running and AC on MAX AC. If the gauge is anywhere except in the green range, you're low on freon...
  4. B

At wits end. Persistent Misfire Only Under Load

SOLVED. One of the new plugs was cracked. New plug installed, misfire cured.
  5. B

Plug looked good (no different than the other 5). 3.5L EB, 110k miles.
  6. B

Getting a misfire on Cyl 2 only. Misfire only occurs under load; idle and cruise are perfect. Changed all plugs and coil on Cyl 2, no change in behavior. I'm stumped.
  7. B

Found my ghosts in the machine

For the tranny issues, a problem I had with that 06 Ex was that the AC condensation drain dumped out right on top of the electrical connector on the side of the tranny. The the issue was the electrical connector on the tranny was not seated properly, allowing condensate to get into the pins and...
  8. B

2016 Platinum Cylinder Power Balance Test/Logging

Is there a way to display the power balance test (shown in the link below) using a OBDLink MX+33245? At the 6:00 mark:
  9. B

Mad Max - Galaxie Tow Rig

I love this car....especially the carb check valve ball dimpling on the piston.
  10. B

2016 sport electrical issue...

Ugh is right. I'm going to rethink this.
  11. B

OBDII PID for Crankshaft position sensor

Is there a PID for seeing the CKP data?
  12. B

2017 Explorer Sport - AC drain Excess Water/Condensation

If it is just condensation, don't worry about it.
  13. B

2016 sport electrical issue...

I'm currently having what sounds like the same issue with a 2016 Platinum. it started with the car running rough, getting into limp mode and then shutting down completely. Towed to the dealer, replaced the fuel pump. Didn't fix it. Returned to dealer, they said they found an intermittent CKP...
  14. B

Transmission fluid change

Unless things have changed, the advice for tranny fluid is to not flush once you hit 100k-120k miles...unless you know what the history of the fluid is. Simple drain and fill from the pan is sufficient to renew the chemistry of the fluid. Flushing old trannies tends to stir up the billions of...
  15. B

Continues Ticking Noise

It could literally be anything, but my best guess is a worn rocker arm( follower) roller bearing.
  16. B

Dealer changed air intake hose and now I have bad gas mileage

Make sure the hose is completely sealed at both ends and every hole is plugged correctly. If more air is getting in than the MAF is measuring that will throw your fuel trims into chaos.
  17. B

Odd fuse tripping

What happens to your rear camera when you're in reverse with a trailer attached?
  18. B

2011 Ford Explorer _ Need help - How to replace sway bar front bushings and entire rear sway bar?

Put the stands on the frame, not on any suspension part. Snug fit the new parts while its in the air, then put it on the ground and torque it there.
  19. B

transmission will only start in limp mode unless I let the autostart warm it up

This is not entirely true. I've gotten the wrench and been restricted in speed due to a throttle body vs pedal position mismatch. Nothing to do with cooling.
  20. B

transmission will only start in limp mode unless I let the autostart warm it up

Sounds like the ECM isn't happy with a data point until it shifts to closed-loop. Does it do this every single time you start, even if the engine is warm?
  21. B

What do these red button do?

They are clearly shade tree add-ons, so there's no way for us to tell. Just follow the wires and see where they go. I will guess the toggle might be a external (roll bar?) light switch
Back