Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

5.0 swap in 96

mmmm....well the ECU was already gone by the time i got to it....i know i need the computer...i have one...but its out of a 98 mounty v8. but should i get an older one...i just realized that the newer ones have the chip keys....when did that start? 98 ill bet..
  2. F

Turbogenerator?

i found the site i was talking about..... http://www.electroauto.com/
  3. F

Turbogenerator?

i have actually thought about converting entirely to electric....i dont know why the auto makers arent into this....(well i do but lets not talk about that)...there is a site (i forgot how i found it) that sells entire electric motor conversion kits that bolt to the transmission. all you need...
  4. F

5.0 swap in 96

no one?
  5. F

running when it shouldnt HELP!!!!!

the MAS to my knowledge is only to fine tune the fuel mix under acceloration....just like the TPS is for ignition advance. i think the only sensors it needs to run is the CPS and the IAC
  6. F

5.0 swap in 96

Hey there all....wow it has been a while since i was on here but ive got a new project. I am going to swap a 5.0 into my 96 and was wondering if you all had any tips on what was a pain and what would make things more simple. here is what i have so far. 2000 5.0 2wd with tranny and...
  7. F

Neat idea, but expensive

that falcon looks more like the 500 that is sold here than a mustang....maybe the discontinued contour?....you gotta look at the doors and the rear quarter panels...i dont think it shares much w/ the mustang but the engines...the grill and bumpers are just plastic and are probably 99-04...
  8. F

Looking for some clearance!!!

jimbo...what are you talking about :rolleyes: check out the 95-01 explorer posts...im sure there is more info there....but i would say the best way to do it is get new leaf springs for the rear...im pretty sure they are the same as the reg. explorers other than the rate....longer shackles are...
  9. F

2007 Explorer Sport Trac Press Kit

really i first thought the same as many of you with the IRS but everyone complained about the IFS when it came out and eventually people found tricks to easy mods. any car manufacturer design a car to get as many people to buy it as possible without sacrificing sales of another model it sells...
  10. F

'05 sport trac tranny prob

so then, could i use, say a half a bottle of the lucas oil...or is that going to mess it up....it seemd like in my 96 it made it overheat. but it was on its last leg anyway. Basically if its going to really fix it then i would want to do it...if its just going to mask it then i dont want to do...
  11. F

thanks....did not know about the additive. is it like the lucas oil additive? I cant believe that they havent fixed these seal problems...how long have they been making this 5r55e now? its not even that different from the 4r55e other than electronics. it took them 2 years to get the cam chain...
  12. F

Ok...well i have a brand new sport track now with 7k on the clock. The thing is that after about 50 miles or so it started to have a high pitch whine in first gear....you know that whorling sound(almost like a turbo sound) that some fords get only ive only heard it in the bigger trannys. Well...
  13. F

Ford Man Transmission Worries

fordfan....i had mine rebuilt for 900 at a local shop that a good ol redneck recomended to me. if you dont know any then i would try to get to know one...they know just about every good place to get a car fixed cheap. hahaha well at any rate, the band is definatly shot which seems pretty...
  14. F

shift kit vs seperator plate

i think i saw in a manual that only the a4ld has band adjustment....4r55e and 5r55e are fully computerized and not adjustable...just like you cant set your idol speed and mixture....but hell ive been known to be wrong in the past :D
  15. F

well i go to ford to see what they say about all this and i talked to the shop forman. he confirmed the problem w/ the valve body and said they are very common problems. then i proceeded to tell him the symptoms of mine and he said that it doesnt sound like valve body problems (engageing in...
  16. F

Torque converter

check out www.protorque.com thats where i got mine from and it is great. a real nicely done converter with heavyduty lockup clutch. its a tad more than ford from what i remember...i think it was 300 or so...but i think its worth it. all you have to do is tell them what your putting it in and...
  17. F

wow....great thread....my 96 doesnt like to go into gear and i have to take it in and out of N and hit the gas to get it to go in gear....its like its low on fluid but its not.....so i think its the problem you guys are talking about hear. thanks again Jon :thumbsup:
  18. F

shift kit vs seperator plate

slipping? hey all.... wow lots of new faces...its been a while since ive been on...but i need you guys....my 96 (4r55e) slips...well it seems to. the thing is that its like it comes out of gear. if i hit the gas a little it slams back into gear. now i have almost 130k miles on it with out...
  19. F

Plastic parts

Hello all!!! does anyone know a website that sells replacement mirrors, head lights, door panels and other plastic parts. I swear I saw one on here about a year or two ago but i dont remember the site, or the thread i saw it in. searched on here about an hour and found nothing. thanks
  20. F

Broken Flexplate?

maybe it just wasnt installed right or converter housing is warped. flexplates break from only a few things...most are from a mis alignment and when the engine rev's high there is a harmonic vibration made which weakens the metal. from what i can see of this part is that its just a little...
  21. F

Broken Flexplate?

look into the pump alignment. oh and thats strange that you say the ford part is a single piece of steel cause the one that came off my 96 was a 2 piece too. :eek:
  22. F

Broken Flexplate?

yup...ditto. looks exactly like mine did. i cant freaking believe that its just 2 layers of like 18ga. stamped steel. i unfortunately didnt realize that untill i had bought the replacement part on the net. i did see somewhere there is a "Hi-Po" billet aluminium one but i forgot where i saw...
  23. F

Factory Amp bypass run around

then you buy 8 bucks worth of wire and a lot more trouble to cut the factory wires and play the matching game....oh and if you want good sound and something that wont come loose then you will need to solder it or use wire nuts...by then it will put you at about the same 15 bucks if you use nuts...
  24. F

Factory Amp bypass run around

most stereo shops have a harness that you just plug into the factory harness...they are about 15 bucks.
  25. F

Isn't there a place that remanufactures older Ford radios?

wal-mart has those old style "nob" radios that will fit it for like 25 bucks....just get one of those.
Back