Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Brush Guard for a 1998 explorer 4 door 4x4

I think I'll have to pass Exploder-99, I don't want to have to deal with the shipping from Calgary to Victoria. Thanks though.
  2. S

Brush Guard for a 1998 explorer 4 door 4x4

Hello all, I'm looking for a cheap brush guard or bull bar that will hold a winch for my 98 Explorer, and everywhere I looks either has one that won't hold a winch, or is really expensive... Would anyone know where I can get a cheap one? Or would anyone have any plans that I could have to...
  3. S

clunking when in 4 wheel drive wtf is it

So if I'm in a gravel pit or something and use 4x4 high or low, it won't make that clunking? It only does that on dry pavement?
  4. S

clunking when in 4 wheel drive wtf is it

Hello everyone, I just noticed tonight after I tossed my explorer into 4X4 High that when I turn sharply there is a clunking sound and you can feel it clunking in the cab of the X. (It's a 1998 Explorer). I've never had this problem with it before and it just started tonight, I'm hoping...
  5. S

Want to buy some wheel spacers but don't know what would fit on my X

Are terr any downsides to putting in spacers? Is going to be hard on my vehicle to sit differently?
  6. S

They're the stock 15 inch rims if that makes a difference
  7. S

Hey guys, I have a 1998 explorer, pretty much stock except for the new all terrain tires I just put on it. I want to put some spacers on to make my wheels stick out farther but I don't know what would fit. Any suggestions?
  8. S

Need suggestions for off road tires

It's technically my "daily driver" but I don't actually drive it daily, basically just on the weekends. I live in Canada on the far west coast. I'm not going to be doing anything super heavy duty for off roading, mostly just trails.
  9. S

Need suggestions for off road tires

Hello everyone, Fairly new here to the Forum and needing some suggestions on some off road tires. I was hoping to get a set of tires that would be 30" X 10". Any recommendations? My X isn't lifted at all and it would be going on the stock 16" rims that came with it as I don't want to buy new...
Back