Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

3rd gen LED BAR

I am a big fan of the bumper too. I'm curious if its custom made or if there is a part number on it anywhere some of us could google?
  2. R

Coil Spacer Questions 02 Explorer

I personally wouldn't be too concerned about upgrading to better upper control arms. Not with only that small height. I would replace the uppers just so their new but I wouldn't be concerned. They can be a pain to replace though but I think its worth it in the end.
  3. R

Lift options for 3rd gen xlt

Hell do them both. Go big or go home right?! :)
  4. R

which side is bad?

How did you lift it? Bad vibrations could be anything due to the lift adding stress to the system. Could be anything really. Bad u-joints, hubs are a big thing. Lift the car up and put your hands on the tire at 12 and 6 and see if you can push/pull the tire. If it wobbles, its your hubs. You...
  5. R

Cost to install Btf spacers (front only)

I agree. If I could do it all over again, and someone only charged me 300 dollars including alignment. Id take it. Mine turned out to be a pain in the butt. One of my lower bolts on the control arm that go through the strut got stuck in place, broke a breaker bar (how Ironic) trying to get it...
  6. R

Need help with rust

Everyone I've seen correct the spot using bondo, it has not lasted. I did something a little bit different. I pulled all of the trim off of mine, fiberglassed and bondo'ed it and then at that point I painted my own trim using herculiner and did it right above the mend on the body. It came out...
  7. R

Need help with rust

Probably around a year, year and a half. Depends on where you live too. On if you have snow, how much salts on the road, if you live near water. My problem was new England in general haha
  8. R

Traxda lift - More issues! Anyone else? (2002 XLT V6)

Hi :) As far as the upper control arm/upper ball joint failing, it's common. I just did the lift myself, a lot of research has brought me to that decision. As far as the hub going, hubs on these cars are pretty common to die. I recommend new upper ball joints. There's a person that makes...
  9. R

New things to come...

The upper control arms im getting in a couple months. The rear spacers are on, and only 1 front spacer Is on. Hit a hiccup today. The lower strut bolt wouldn't break free, at all. I tried a hammer, I tried heat, I tried a bigger hammer. Nothing would break this thing free. Finally after...
  10. R

New things to come...

Stage 2 tomorrow :). Now it won't look like a hotrod. Back end up front down.
  11. R

New things to come...

So I've decided to break this down into three separate stages, 1 (which I did tonight) rear struts with the 102020 blocks. Hit a couple snags when I striped the nut on a sway bar link. Good thing my work (pepboys) had them in stock. My brother-in-law brought something very interesting to my...
  12. R

New things to come...

Can you double stack spacers?
  13. R

New things to come...

I may have to steal your design. I cant weld but my dad can. Might have to pull a need my dad card on it.
  14. R

New things to come...

Looks good to me. Thanks for sharing :). Did you make the running boards? They look sweet!
  15. R

New things to come...

Alright I'll just sit with the 265s. My only concern is that when I go up a total of 5.25 with the body lift and the coil spacer lift if it will look dumb with 265s
  16. R

New things to come...

Safe not sage lol
  17. R

New things to come...

Sage for the 285 70 17s?
  18. R

New things to come...

it says wb 114 brk 4 R 1 Axle D4 Tr v Spr pc 3u51a 505 if that makes any sense?
  19. R

New things to come...

never really thought about that. Not Sure What The Gears are. Alright I do have the 4.6. I'm so glad you guys know more than me haha
  20. R

New things to come...

do you think I'd clear 285 70 17? With just the suspension for now then the body to come later? I can get the 285s for 40 more dollars.
  21. R

auxiliary modification

I don't think there is an option for that. Just use a fm transmitter/if cassette player, use the tape deck aux cord or buy a new radio.
  22. R

New things to come...

Yes it is 4 wheel drive, I will definitely take this into consideration. Probably get a 5th in a couple weeks when more money starts coming in. Thanks for the input on this as well. First car I've ever built so this should be interesting. I just wish I knew someone on this forum who lived around...
  23. R

New things to come...

Thank you for the awesome reply! I'll get the btf control arms in a couple months. Starting a new job soon that I'll make bank at so I'll get them then. Are they just extended ones? From all of what you've seen on here, I've seen quite a bit too, what complications can I run into other than the...
  24. R

If your lifted please answer questions!

Thank you for the quick reply!
  25. R

If your lifted please answer questions!

Alright so im about a month away from installing new struts all around, sway bar links because mine are broke, new upper control arms, new bf Goodrich TA K0 265 70 17 including the traxda 102020 lift. Now I want to go higher. Is it possible to do the 102020 lift, and the pa 883 body lift...
Back