Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

O2 Sensor replacement

The financial end of it is settled. I just bought the thing in January to be my DD. It's in very good shape, has low miles for it's age, runs fine, and I got it for a fair price. I don't mind putting money into keeping it running well. That said, what I was really asking is this - is O2...
  2. G

O2 Sensor replacement

My truck has decided to start throwing the P0153 code. No issues other than the code, so I am going to replace the O2 sensor. Question - does it make sense to replace all of them at one time? I have no idea when/if they may have been replaced.
  3. G

Unknown wiring harness elements at master cylinder

OK, then. Thanks for the explanation.
  4. G

Unknown wiring harness elements at master cylinder

My 97 Explorer Sport has this unknown (to me) portion of wiring harness downstream of the two connections at the master cylinder. A bundle of wiring has been folded up and zip tied to itself and then to the brake lines. Ford obviously didn't build it this way - it was like this when I...
  5. G

97 Explorer Sport rear seat removal

Had a few minutes tonight so I ran out to the truck and took a look in the dark with a flashlight. For the most part, I see the bolts, but it was unclear if the seats can be removed independent of each other, or are they a joined pair?
  6. G

That's great. Thanks.
  7. G

Radio upgrade

I've mocked up the Raspberry Pi display in the radio opening and after driving around on sunny days concluded there is just too much glare to live with. There are ways to address the glare with film coatings, but the display is a touchscreen and those just don't work well. Also, one of the...
  8. G

Has anyone removed the rear seat? Was it made to be removed? I haven't looked at it yet, but it's coming out, one way or another.
  9. G

Radio upgrade

The short answer is - and I mean no disrespect here - is because I can. Besides, the Raspberry Pi was $38, the 7"display $72 and the sound card $47. So for less than $160 I have the brains of a system that is better than any comparably priced head unit, and I have a keyboard for that ultimate...
  10. G

Radio upgrade

Here is a video I did of the 'radio' project in my dearly departed Excursion. I apologize profusely for the nauseating detail. With the X sitting in my garage harboring a dead 7.3, I've decided to pull the guts of the sound system out and put them in my Explorer. I'm going a slightly...
  11. G

New Owner - !Really! With Questions

I checked that link out and it doesn't fit my situation. My steering rack seems to be good and tight. When I turn the steering wheel, the front wheels respond instantly. Ditto tie rod ends. When stopped and at slow speeds, the steering seems as tight and responsive as any car I've driven...
  12. G

These were my Excursion lights. I plan on doing something similar. Changed the trans fluid today. Engine oil came out - Dex/Merc went back in. Driven less than 10 miles since change, so we'll see. Noticed the owner's manual in the truck had a typo - trans fluid capacity listed as 13.9...
  13. G

Thanks for all the replies. Since I'm posting this from my phone, no quoting here. Yes, Glenwood Springs is about 100 or so river miles west of the source of the Colorado over in Rocky Mountain National Park. We're 115 miles from the Utah state line. Mountains east, high desert west. Denver...
  14. G

I just purchased a 1997 Explorer Sport. I have never owned, driven or (the the best of my recollection) ridden in a 2nd Gen Explorer before. This one is in really good shape. It has the 4.0 OHV engine and M5OD transmission with 167,087 original miles. Everything on it works, and the body is...
Back