Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Black Ox Solid Axle Swap 1991

Do you know any company that does the axle shortening (cutting) service in the northeast. More preferrable in NY state near by NJ and Long Island. (Seems like Dutchman is only available in the west coast.)
  2. B

Regards from Iceland

ExIce, Thanks for your quick reply. Practically speaking, I'm not knowledgeable on extending the rear wheel base and how exactly it's done. From what I have read from various threads, it seems to require a new rear driveshaft and new spring position welding. Can you elaborate on your...
  3. B

Regards from Iceland

Don't you guys typical have problem of wheel bearing failure due to the width of the wheel and unsprung weight? I would think you're running 4" backspace on 12" steel, right? how did you increase the wheel base by moving the IFS system if you have? I can't tell by the picture if you also...
  4. B

Superlift Leaf Springs too Big for 2-door?

superlift rear 4 inch leaf spring installation Hi, I drive 2002 explorer sport and I believe my truck has the same suspension in terms of using 4" rear superlift springs. I recently purchased the superlift leaf springs from summitracing and I was wondering what else I might need to complete...
  5. B

FJ cruiser Wheels and Tires 20 in wheels and 33" tires

Does any know where I can find Toyota FJ cruiser tires?
  6. B

20's Rim/Wheel Question

I"m sorry... guys.. i'm newbie to all this modification.. but i'm hoping to have my 2002 sport to look like BMW X5 wheel set up.... you know... wider wheels on the rear?~~! But as you have mentioned.. ideal is 9in width max.... i wanna have a biffed-up look on the rear by having wider...
  7. B

wheel & offset that looks like bmw x5

I need some helpe. I want to make my 2002 explorer sport wheel look like X5. A setup like: Front: 19" i don't want the wheel to come off the fender Rear: 20" wider than front wheel to the full extent of the fender. May be 10" wide? (I realized that the rear...
Back