Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Donor Years

I was looking at an 01 Sport. The seats themselves are basically bolted to the floor, whereas on the Sport Trac there are "legs" between the seat and the floor if that makes any sense.
  2. P

01 Sport Trac won't go into 4wd

I read a very interesting thing on the internet (so you know its true) this weekend while doing my research. An electrical engineer claimed to tear the control module apart and in the circuit board, its programmed to fail at 100,000 miles. Interesting if true. As far as the flashing O/D...
  3. P

Donor Years

I did some checking this weekend, the seats from Explorer Sports do not match with the Sport Trac. In fact most of the interior parts didn't (except for the cruise control swithces on the steering wheel).
  4. P

Donor Years

I've got an 01 Sport Trac, auto. I need new seats, and the fan switches, possibly some new headlights. I was heading to the pick and pull tomorrow, what year of explorer/sport tracs were the same so I know which vehicles to pull from. Thanks!
  5. P

Thanks for the info guys. I will do some work this weekend and see what I can find. The lights come on on the dash when I start it, so at least I know the lights are working. I've read a lot about the 4x4 Control Module, but it was all regarding 2002 ST's, some of which were implied had AWD...
  6. P

Nothing? Can someone point me to which transfer case I have?
  7. P

Hi guys, I'm a new member as of last night when I found an 01 Sport Trac for a steal. Its got an intermittent case of the O/D light flashing, but currently shifts fine, but he other problem I'm trying to solve is the lack of 4x4. I'm not sure what transfer case I have, but my switch is...
Back