Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Glasspack on my V6 Explorer

Should look into the Flowmaster Super 40 for the SOHC 4.0 V6. Has a great sound to it.
  2. M

Anyone Interested In Custom Exhaust?

I'm thinking of getting the flowmaster super 40 muffler on mine. Does it drone out at higher RPMs while driving?
  3. M

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

Just throwing this out there, I've had the spacers WITHOUT the special A-arms for about 1 1/2 years without a problem. I could be extremely lucky so far or just on borrowed time. Funds just haven't been there to buy the A-arms.
  4. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

WOW. That looks AMAZING.
  5. M

Raptor Grille?

That thread...*shivers*...if this materializes, I would definitely be a buyer...even though I drive a mountaineer ;)
  6. M

Another tire question

I HIGHLY recommend the BFGoodrich A/Ts. Just make sure you rotate them!
  7. M

HOLY CRAP thats a lot of TV's!!!

What is the purpose of a 1 inch tv in the bumper....
  8. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

That looks MEAN! Where did you get the bull bar from?
  9. M

Looking for cheap 2-3" lift options for 02 Explorer XLT

I have the BTF lift but not the upper control arms and I run 265/75/R16. I don't do alot of offroading right now but I will be purchasing the upper control arms once the finances are right!
  10. M

Looking for cheap 2-3" lift options for 02 Explorer XLT

What is your budget? BTF Spacer lifts aren't TO expensive.
  11. M

Looking for some help.

1.5" in either direction will drastically impact the look of your ride. Trust me. I raised mine. If you dropped it 4", I would worry about the tire rubbing against the top of the wheel well...but that's just me :D
  12. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Sounds like a trip to Coal Creek is in order :D I'm from Tennessee as well!
  13. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Hey everyone! New member here and wanted to show off my ride! It's a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer with about 165K miles. It has the BTF Lift on it with 365/75/R16 BF Goodrich All-Terrains. I'm hoping to order the BTF Control Arms soon, then new struts and bigger tires! I plasti-dipped the front...
  14. M

Custom Built Bumpers?

Thanks for the help! Do you know where he is located?
  15. M

need new shocks...suggestions?

I would also like to know about price and availability.
  16. M

Custom Built Bumpers?

Anyone know of any quality fabricators that could make me a set of sliders, front and back bumpers? I prefer them to be in Tennessee as I live near the Nashville area but would be willing to look else where if shipping is decent. Thanks!
  17. M

Spartan Locker for sale

Darn...I live in Nashville and I wish I would have seen this sooner!
  18. M

ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Remote Reservoir Bolt In Coilovers

Excuse me if I seem like a complete Explorer new guy here, but will this work with an AWD Mountaineer? I know it has independent suspension. Again, sorry for the noob questions.
  19. M

All Tennessee Members Please Post Here!!!

How's it going guys? Nice to see other Explorers/Mountaineers enjoying the dirt! I live in both Paris, TN and Murfreesboro, TN. Send me a PM if anyone wants to go to Coal Creek, Turkey Bay, etc.
  20. M

02 Explorer 4x4 Quicklift

Thank you for the help! I'll probably need to get the BTF A-Arm before I go any higher though.
  21. M

02 Explorer 4x4 Quicklift

Will a Rancho Quicklift work for a 2003 Mountaineer AWD? I know it has independent suspension.
  22. M

Hey everyone!

Hey guys! I'm new to the forums (kinda, been around but have never posted). I currently drive a 2003 White Mercury Mountaineer with a BTF Fabrication lift with 32-inch BFG Goodrich All-Terrains. I'll add pictures of it later. Quick question, is there anyway to add more lift with stock A-Arms...
Back