Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Dealership is lost, please help to figure out this problem

Well there were about 4 guys when they got to the bar and a few got on their cellphones and called some of the other guys to tell them i was really there ready to buy the first round. About 5-10 minutes later 4 more guys came in.They said one guy didnt drink at all and thats why he didnt show...
  2. B

I always had a vibration and slight shimmy in the steering wheel since i bought it.I was told it was because of the rims being slightly bent.So i went finally and bought new rims and wheels.I still had the problem but it was about 20% worse. Firestone was telling me it was the rack.But i still...
  3. B

Well wanted all to know They have found the problem or so it seems. Of all things it turns out they have found it was the tires and rims. The stuff they replaced minus the shocks were bad.It was blatant(sp). the rack was loss as heck then turning it it had a severe tight spot.The control arm...
  4. B

sorry but shocks were less than 1 yr old(less than 2000 miles on them) and they have been replaced. The dealership is the on theat replaced the rack,hoses and powersteering pump to try and correct this problem. They and i have both ran carfax and nothing showes up. And the body shop did...
  5. B

the rims that were "bent" were walking side to side alittle when spun alone themselves on a wheel balancing machine. Not bent like in a normal impact. Also like i said the vehicle was placed on a frame machine and is straight as an arrow,also they checked everything looking for any damage that...
  6. B

sorry if what i have posted hasnt came off clear. It is not air in the system. !. it was doing this for over a few months. I had the power steering system flushed twice before it went into the shop this time. 2. they replaced the rack,hoses and pump while trying to track down the original...
  7. B

thats a good idea. i will see if they will do that about removing the driveshaft and then driving it.
  8. B

it is awd. they replaced the rack,lines and pump thinking it was the problem. Also any time u hit a crack,pebble or the slightest uneven surface it REALLY vibrates at any speed. But at low speeds turning doesnt effect it.Only at speeds 55 and up if you turn the wheel it jumps all over when...
  9. B

yes the whole truck shakes.(the steering wheel and is just the major visual thing i can see and feel i guess thats why i pointed that out). Infact the whole front end feels like its shaking brand new serpintine belt and tensioner. It has been this way since i got the truck but was told it was...
  10. B

***Update***Dealership is lost, please help to figure out this problem * Info 2000 x 4door auto 4x4 62,000 miles Stock Brand new rims and Tires(less than 50 miles on both *problem The famous 50+ mph shake when turning the streering wheel either way the wheel shakes so bad its jumps out...
  11. B

Center Console Armrest

i tried all the junkyards within 100miles of me and no one had anything. I have the type that there is actually a sports bag instead of a normal console. I just bought a new hinge(everything that is black on the underside comes with it) from my dealer on thursday.It wasnt that bad,costed...
  12. B

PLEASE help me

someone hopefully will help. Please
  13. B

PLEASE help me

also which terminal connector of the 2 that plug into the stalk is the lights? The smaller square on is the one i rewired,so i guess thats the one. Please if you know let me know.
  14. B

PLEASE help me

ok i just played around even more. Now somehow i must have messed up the wiring( i honestly thought i was being careful doing it). Now i have highbeams when i start the vehicle and if i press the lever like to flash to pass the highs go off and there is low beams on then and i have the...
  15. B

PLEASE help me

I already posted here that i was having headlight problems. Well i got the headlight stook and installed it. Well i had lights but the wipers would stay on high no matter what i tried.So i got the new harness and VERY CAREFULLY wired it in 1 wire at a time. Still the same problem...
  16. B

need help.Outta state for holidays and headlights are out.

thanks alot all. I am hopefull the dealership will have it in. I am going at 8am to hopefully get it. Anyone have a link to replace it? Thanks. And yes i have tried searching but it is messed up i guess.
  17. B

We live north of philly and south of bethlehem/allentown ;)
  18. B

Thanks for the wiring tip. But as stated i DONT have any type of message center,neither on the floor area or on the ceiling. I do know that when i hit the flash to pass highbeam area the highbeam notifying light in the instrument panel does light up. So far it looks like the vote here is...
  19. B

as said above i am currently outta state with my family visiting family. I have a 2000 xls without a message center. We hardly use the highs but 2 weeks ago when i went to use them the headlights went out completely if i put it on high beam.But if i just used flash to pass and that worked...
  20. B

Help with rotor removal!

You cannot remove the nut is that right? Well did you know that there is a tiny metal key(no not like a lock key,a small piece of metal that i slipped inside a matching groove on the rotor and hub spindle). Clean all the grease you can away from the nut and use a small screw driver till you...
  21. B

testing a transfer case

thanks for the quick reply. As far as the hubs go they are brand new with about 7000 miles on them.He had them replaced along with the wheel bearing and rotors at the same time. Again thanks alot :D
  22. B

testing a transfer case

I am working on my father-in-laws 91 explorer.I have ordered a new shift motor,because after i took his out and went to rebuild it i found out the circuit board is toast. When we originally tried to use the push button switches you could here a series of clicks in the back drivers side wheel...
  23. B

nub needs some help

First off i have used the search many,many times already.BUT i am still not sure and figured its best to understand what will work the first try... I have a 2000 xls 4.0l auto 4door 4x4 with an automatic trans.Everything is stock,and there must be to much ass thats hidden because its rear is...
  24. B

2000 Explorer XLT died.

do you have a second key? if so go try and start it.Somehow the chip inside the key might have gotten damaged. Also do you have one of those mobil speedpass things on your keyring?they are also known to cause problems.
  25. B

Tranny Problem

how is the fluid level?And how did you check it?Sounds like you are low. Just a thought.
Back