Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

fuel leak after fillup now stalling while driving

follow up. I just changed the Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid near the tank. The original would allow air to pass when power on, new one did not. Hope this was my issue.
  2. S

thanks for comment. I checked the pressure regulator on the fuel rail like you described and no fuel came out. I even turn the key on few time to pressure the system and started the car and nothing came out of the vacuum line on the regulator. As of now i think some how the gas pump over filled...
  3. S

2002 fuel leaking out of canister vapor valve solenoid after fillup. did not top off. Now car stalls while driving
  4. S

Leaking fuel from vapor canister vent solenoid

Did you ever fix this issue? I have same problem today gas coming out of Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid. and stalling issue. It was hot and filled up yesterday.
  5. S

P0302 P0316

Bad engine shake. misfire on cylinder 2.
  6. S

Mirror adjuster issue..

my switch does the same as you described. Let me know if you fix it
  7. S

Where can I buy the bsi

make sure your brake light switch is not the fault. I had the switch go bad and brake lights would flicker and cause it hard to get out of park.
  8. S

Oh Noes! (Transmission)

I would go for the heat!! If you could samp a few photos that would be great . thanks
  9. S

Oh Noes! (Transmission)

I would like to know if the modified servo bore fix works. looks like a good idea to keep the pressure with o-rings. pm me if you try or if anyone else tried thanks
  10. S

8.8" IRS Axle/Output Shaft Seal part Number Question

I did it years ago, just make sure you get the update parts. They do away with the dust boots on the axles.
  11. S

'03 Just Replaced Trans Filter and Had a Flush, Now Shifting Problems

check to see if fluid is not to low or overfilled. your can search this site for the procedure
  12. S

2002 Explorer Sport

Sport (2dr) owners use the '95 - '01 forum
  13. S

Shifting into park on my 02 XLS

Fox are you having the same problem?
  14. S

Shifting into park on my 02 XLS

brake colum shift lock
  15. S

how do I remove the half shaft from the rear diff box?

search tool can be your friend http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222966
  16. S

Solenoid pack PN check

I bought mine in Dec for my 02 from this guy for 100 bucks http://www.800700tran.com/prod.itml/icOid/159
  17. S

'03 Mounty Hard to shift from drive to park

FORD: 2002-2005 Explorer MERCURY: 2002-2005 Mountaineer ISSUE: Some 2002-2005 Explorer 4dr/Mountaineer vehicles, may require a greater effort to move the gear selector lever (shift lever) from drive to park. This may be due to a time delay with the brake shift interlock (BSI) pin...
  18. S

'03 Mounty Hard to shift from drive to park

shift lock solenoid
  19. S

roof vents not blowing

you check the status of both (front and back) fan speed switches
  20. S

Instrument sweep on startup

if battery was disconnected this would happen
  21. S

Rear differential leaking

You can try to squirt it from the bottle but have a pan to catch what runs down. The best way is to use a pump. Also make sure you get full syn. and heavy weight. The proper fill level is going above the fill pug by adding a little more via vent hose opening.
  22. S

Rear differential leaking

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222966 this is most likely the cause of your leak. Just check the bumper for oil spraying up on it when you drive. If it is not their you prob could go awhile
  23. S

Rear half shafts removal, Explorer 2004

Sounds like you used my method. Also the cheapest way too
  24. S

Rear half shafts removal, Explorer 2004

A long wooden stick held close to then shaft as possible and someone else held the other end and hit with a hammer/sledge. worked for me, had to move around to find right angle
  25. S

Quickie Transmission fluid change

The dealership puts those in when they replace a failed tranny. It is suppose to trap any containments from the failed unit. I heard they are similar or even the same as Magnefine filter, but with ford part number.
Back