Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

Found the site after buying the wife a 99 ex sport, that the tranny went out in the day we bought it. Read several post along with a couple of my on and now the ex is back on the road. So I figured 20 was the least I could do for the info that I found. Oh yea one of the other reasons for...
  2. J

Torque converter

Well the ex is back on the road, shifts real smooth only a few short drives for now. I think I may have got lucky on tranny it had a sticker on bell housing that had ranger/explorer 2013 and it was clean for being pulled from wrecked sport trac. Maybe it was a rebuild, the sticker was just like...
  3. J

5r55e ?

ok i checked the codes and it shows it can be used on ranger/explorer/B200. 1999 XL2P-EA T880AA 4.0L Explorer 2wd 5R55E XL2P-7000-EA 2001 1L5P-DA T858AA 4.0L Ranger / Explorer / B4000 2wd 5R55E 1L5P-7000-DA the only thing i see different is the extra plug above sensor. All ready have it...
  4. J

5r55e ?

Just above the (dtr) sensor on the new transmission there is a plug. My old transmission does not have this what is the plug for and can I use it. The explorer is 99 ex/sport with 4.0. the replacement transmission came from a 01 sport trac.
  5. J

Torque converter

well i got it stabbed yesterday, everything turns the way it should not like the first three times. I used an aluminum strap that i bent and drilled a hole and it worked fine thanks for the help. Now to hook everything else up and take it for a test spin. james
  6. J

Torque converter

Ha been thinking way to hard, that is a simple and easy solution thanks james
  7. J

Torque converter

You guys have any type of tips or tricks for keeping the torque converter seated while installing transmission.
  8. J

99 tranny

ok so its not fully seated, i took my old tranny stood it up and was able to get both converters to fully seat, i just cant get it to seat while on the table.
  9. J

99 tranny

K guys need a little info, picked up a used tranny for my 99 exp sport which has a 5r55e. Well I got home with the tranny and on the side they wrote that it came out of 2001 sport trac. It looks the same tried to bolt it up it appears that it may be a little longer or something. The torque...
  10. J

Hello from central Tx

New here from the Austin area. Just picked up a 99 explorer sport to use as a daily driver. James
Back