Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Rough Idle With A/C

My 15 does the same. Within the first 10 min of driving, going through the drive thru (1st coffee) it has a huge rpm drop. By the time it warms up (2nd coffee) its fine. Trying to find out whats up myself......... Battery might be a dud.
  2. M

XLT / Sport Appearance Package

The more we looked into it, the same caps you got are indeed the right ones. She's happy, I stop hearing about it!!
  3. M

[Q] Brake Fluid Flush?

I've never really heard of anyone flushing the fluid unless there was a problem or the calipers leaked. It is pretty forgiving like flushing coolant and usually gets done, well more than half gets replaced when my calipers or wheel cylinders go anyways. My 2 cents, save your money.
  4. M

XLT / Sport Appearance Package

XLT appearance package (2015) wheel question Those with this package, what color or is your center cap chrome on your rims? When we picked ours up, whoever picked it up that was supposed to grab the floor mats and these caps got the wrong ones- they actually flew off. So they ordered the...
  5. M

2006 Explorer ABS light

Mine did EXACTLY what the OP described when it was the rear. The front was a weird violent deal that involved a new hub. I did pinpoint the front with a scanner I bought that reads ABS and airbag codes as well. It's been handy having the ABS feature.....
  6. M

What do you suppose the likelihood is.....

However you get them out, even a combination of all, when installing, anti-seize the part that would get stuck, the smooth part below the threads. Also, lots of dielectric grease in the coil boot. The tool to remove broken plugs is easy to use and works well. Another good item to have is a 3v...
  7. M

2006 6r60 trans fluid change.....anyone?

I think they do it because people seem to neglect the fluids anyways, why not eliminate things most people don't know existed in the first place!! My opinion or yours, they're building cars disposable and harder to work on for the average Joe the plumber in his driveway. Grease for life this...
  8. M

2006 Explorer ABS light

Appears tight is misleading, mine was too. Look super close for cracks, try every trick you can think of to do so. I ended up getting it pinpointed via dealership computer and replaced the right rear pulse ring myself. Kind of a big job for a $25 part.
  9. M

What do you suppose the likelihood is.....

There is a TSB for replacing the plugs which I'd do so you can set your mind at ease. It's basically run the engine warm, spray WD-40 or similar in the holes and let it sit. I'm not sure the specifics but my buddy did this, let them sit over night, blew out each hole with compressed air, and...
  10. M

TPMS interchange question

Just wondering if anyone could answer this. I've got an 06 Explorer with 18" chrome clad rims. Only 1 maybe 2 are still in decent shape (chrome peeling etc) So I found a set of 3 used for a decent price provided they are in good shape. The question is, they have the sensors that come with...
  11. M

2006 6r60 trans fluid change.....anyone?

Based on what I've seen/read, I'll get the flush. Why they ever eliminated torque converter plugs and the dipstick? I'd love to do my own like my 2000 f-150, but they've made it a waste of time in my opinion. Mine has never been changed so I'd hate to have half old crap mixed with new.
  12. M

Anybody using Synthetic ATF,....

I'm about to get the fluid flushed in ours, seems they are all running a Mercon V fluid which I believe is full synthetic. I haven't yet read what the owners manual says but I'd use what it recommends be it a half or full synthetic. I'm actually just getting to need to know what's what with...
  13. M

IMRC Error Code, where is this part located at??

If it's anything like the 5.4 3v engines, it's called the CMCV, charge motion control valve? Basically another version of an IMRC, it should be between both heads at the rear of the engine, bolted to the intake. I haven't actually seen it for sure, but that's where it should be. It ought to...
  14. M

06 07 explorers radiator leak TSB

Good point, I replaced my rad a few years back, put a 16 psi cap on it as well and cross fingers, it is not leaking, 06 w/ V8.
  15. M

2006 Mountaineer abs/traction control problem

I just spent last Christmas eve, in the driveway changing out the right front hub because of a similar problem to yours 06Mountaineer. It sounds familiar anyways. Thaught we blew the half shaft the way it drove. Bought the whole hub with ABS sensor cheaper than just the sensor??? Ya...
  16. M

Rear Wiper Motor

I just replaced the one on our 06, really easy and got it for around $110 at Rockauto.com It has never worked since we got it in 09, finally this year I found a decent price and went for it. PS, fuse was fine, check that first.
Back