Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Acceleration with AC on vs off (sounds different)

..2016 XLT FWD - now I know with AC on you loose a bit of power - that I have no issues with....the Explorer just sounds different in terms of acceleration with it on vs. off...hard to explain......never noticed that sound with my 2013 or any other car....wanted to know if anyone else has...
  2. S

Thump when shifting into Reverse

Noticed this a couple of times - 98% of the time I always use my parking brake but I didn't for yesterday after some spirited driving - parked on a very very slight incline and when I shifted into reverse it made a thud sound then I tried again and it did it again and it made the same...
  3. S

2016 Explorer Throttle Body Problems

Ford Parts are always on back order...why ? ever part I had to replace on my old 2013 was always on back order..simple trim on back order, my sunroof (pano) on back order..doesn't make sense. I could understand for certain parts but my with my experience 80% of the parts I had to get ordered...
  4. S

Squeaky Power Moonroof Shade

I had the same exact issue got them to address it over 4 times ...dealer would fix it would be fine for 3 days then the sound would come back .. Got tired and traded it in and elected not to get the pano roof for my 2016
  5. S

2017 Order Guide & Prices* (*post 53 added)

I believe smoke quartz is more of a dark blueish/grey/black combo hard to explain - tonnes of pics on line for the color see a lot of MKZs a few MKX with it from 2012-2014ish timeframe
  6. S

Help, my wipers quit working!

I had a similar problem on my old 2013 XLT - except it would randomly stop working and then start working when in use. Dealer just threw parts at it really as they changed the multi function switch - then the wiper motor and it still would do it ....the funny thing is the day I traded it in...
  7. S

Actuator Sound when depressing brake when shifting into D, R, etc.

Thanks guys much appreciated...appears to be a non issue....just noticed that it was louder than the 2015 Edge that I had on loan..you can barely hear it on the Edge... thanks guys.
  8. S

Radiator fan bearing noise 2016 Models

Yeah that's my take on it too...I just let it be ...hasn't caused any issues and ill monitor over the course of time..
  9. S

Actuator Sound when depressing brake when shifting into D, R, etc.

I never really noticed the sound - on my old Explorer..but its more noticeable in my 2016....it sounds like its some sort of a shift lock actuator - and obviously only makes a sound when pressing down on the brake to shift into D or any other gear..its not loud per say but it is noticeable..it...
  10. S

Looking at buying a 2013 Sport

It all really depends on the situation. If someone is going to Lease OR buy to own and drive for 10 years and log over 250,000-300,000 kms Direct injection engines regardless of manufacturers have well documented carbon build up issues and unless you are really **** with maintenance and are...
  11. S

Windows stutter...

^^^ the tsb is correct - surprised it still applies to 2015....why are undersized regulators still used???? ...the door panels need to come off and unless the tech actually cares about doing a good job they should use new PINS. I am sure a lot of them will not and will just push the existing...
  12. S

Opinions needed, '94-'95 Mustang...

I have owned both a 1988 LX 5.0 DECH Mustang and a 1995 GT Convertible....as much as I liked the Fox - the SN drives a lot better....its more a lot more stable and more solid..if that makes sense..parts are hard to come by - and its a tight engine bay vs the old fox...i dont think you will be...
  13. S

Ford Lip Service..

I understand your point - all brands have issues and Ford has addressed all of my warranty claims - what irked me the most was the generic response I got back and then Ford telliing me to deal with the dealer. ...a simple response like 'we are looking into this and will get back to you - if...
  14. S

Ford Lip Service..

This was email that was emailed to Ford Customer Service: To whom it may concern, As a loyal Ford customer I look forward to seeing your vision for Ford of Canada taking the organization in the right direction moving forward based on your statements below. “As the market leader, the...
  15. S

Thoughts on the (2011-14) Ford Edge Sport ?

thanks - great insight...guess you traded up and I am looking to trade down..we'll see what I end up doing. I test drove a 2013 Edge Sport - and it was nice but noticed dash creaking and some creaking sounds from the drivers seat. I found the interior pieces in the Explorer a lot better. Not...
  16. S

Thoughts on the (2011-14) Ford Edge Sport ?

I know this may not be the place to post...but I was curious if anyone here has even traded up OR down for a Ford Edge Sport? I am considering trading in my Explorer (countless issues with water leaks from hinge area, roof rack and new pano roof) to address flaws from the factory along with...
  17. S

Why are ford explorer parts always on backorder

Yes, it does....hehe. I was typing that on my phone on the train into work while trying to find a seat. My bad..
  18. S

Why are ford explorer parts always on backorder

..just curious...for an SUV that sells extremely well I find it odd that even brakes parts (rotors) and pads are always on backorder. The Panoroof that was changed in my car due to the leak was on backorder for over a month....this okay I can live with BUT not brakes and pads. I went...
  19. S

New 2014 explorer owner

Even though I have had many issues with my EX none of them were mechanical. I have full confidence in the engine, driveline, and transmission holding up for years. Most users have issues with Fit and Finish and overall build quality. MFT issues with Fords fixes for them - they have made is...
  20. S

Damn it took a wallop....

These guys got back on without a care in the world...non sense..even if I witnessed that I would have stoped them some how from leaving or made a big stink..not cool what they did - karma will come back at them.
  21. S

Quality Issues with my 2013 XLT

I have enjoyed my Explorer for a little less than 2 years now but on going issues (that have all been resolved) have left me a bit sour in regards to the overall quality of the Explorer. A lot of the issues were clear cut build issues that should have never passed any quality check. Here...
  22. S

Possible heating issue? 2013 XLT

Curious - did you ever take it into the dealer to address ? i still have the issue dealer says its fine..i think otherwise.
  23. S

Pics for 2016 XLT dash and cluster design

Ive seen hundreds of dash interior pics for the 2016 Limited and Platinum BUT nothing for the XLT..even on fords site they only show a small image for the XLT and it appears it does not have the dual screen cluster that is shared with the XLT- Limited and Sports of 2011-2015... Curious how...
  24. S

2016+ Ford Explorer will be the redesign?

Did you see the Interior? curious if it will look different
  25. S

Water Leak

Broken Strut - I pm'ed you...we'll chat offline
Back