Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

AC problem drivers side hot pass side cold

Wow!! An AC tech without a thermometer.....Useless... Good Luck with your next recharge. Make sure to ask (when the next guy is done) what the low side and high side pressures were and what the temp of the vents were. Oh and also how many pounds he put into the system. Make sure you get...
  2. S

JW, Define "Ice Cold"....Pick up a cheapo thermometer and tell me what ambient temp is and the temp out of passenger and driver vents. Im blowing out at 39F on recirc (85F ambient-actual driving after 5 mins) from all my vents. When I had my problems, I was at 65F Passenger and 85F driver...
  3. S

Bite the bullet....Recharge it at a reputable shop (~$100)... From my experience, our AC system is a b*tch to recharge properly without the proper tools and techniques.
  4. S

Front end shimmy

Went through something similar (2 racks), nothing worked. Ended up taking to dealer and they replaced the upper steering shaft. Problem solved.
  5. S

Changed 3 front wheel hub assemblies in 18 months - help!

I am trying to forget the pain it was to change out the front hubs... 1) did you torque down the three (I think there was three) bolts evenly? 2) (Assuming this is the drivers side) Do you weigh 500 lbs? <---Midnight humor
  6. S

Loss of Power?

Does your dad have a tow package? You might have different rear ends....
  7. S

Your AC wasnt recharged correctly. Your AC is short cycling. I bet when it was recharged you could still feel a difference in temperature between passenger and driver... I just went through this whole ordeal. Charged the AC myself didnt help much. Went to one shop and they charged it...
  8. S

Power seat question...

At least on my 02 Mount: Drivers is 8-way (6-way powered). 1-2 Power forward and back 3-4 power straight up and straight down 5-6 power Tilt up and Tilt down (its combined w/ your 5/6 & 7/8) 7-8 manual recline forward and back You cant tilt the front up without the back going down...
  9. S

Power seat question...

Its a 6-way on my 02 mount. It should be Back/front, tilt forward/back, up/down. Sometimes if you are at the extreme limits of the up down the tilt function wont work or vice-versa. So in reality the tilt and up/down features are linked.
  10. S

High Pitched Squealing When turning

It could still be the pump...A bearing might be bad which would not show up as a leak. I would still look at other sources before the pump, most squeals on my cars were due to a bad tensioner.
  11. S

High Pitched Squealing When turning

Sounds like a steering pump issue. Start by checking your belt/tensioner and make sure its not slipping. The belt/tensioner is cheap to replace. Then go on to diagnose the pump.
  12. S

explorer wont start on 1st key-turn.?? after a long trip

Good to hear you got it fixed....I think a lot of people overlook their fuel filter, including me. Makes me wonder how many vehicles are out their with hesitation and rough idling due to semi clogged filter.
  13. S

explorer wont start on 1st key-turn.?? after a long trip

does it crank with full power? a bad coil/plug would show up as a fault... You might have gotten a tank of bad gas on your trip---change your fuel filter, its relatively cheap. But before you do that reset your computer. Ive found for really strange things on my Mount a reset sometimes does...
  14. S

Odd pump or intake noise 2003 Explorer

If you are sure that it is intake tract noise: Check to make sure your intake is securely on at the engine side and at the airbox end. Take off you engine cover and open up the throttle (from engine side) and quickly shut it down. Do you hear it with the throttle open? The only thing I can...
  15. S

Odd pump or intake noise 2003 Explorer

I have a sound very similar but quite a bit less noticeable on my 02 4.6 Mount. I did change out the intake tube to a K&N but went back to the K&N filter with the stock tube. What does this have to do with it? Well, I noticed definite changes in throttle shut down noises with the K&N tube over...
  16. S

air system problem.

Do a search for "Blend door" or "Blend Actuator".. You'll find at least a hundred posts..
  17. S

Explorer keeps stalling, DTC P0506????

Check IAC valve: See Thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84220
  18. S

03 Brake Problem

Sounds like your rear parking pads seized up/split from the backing...Typical of the 3rd gens.. They were a pain to replace the first time around as they are on the backside almost like a mini drum. If you like being under your car frustrated as all hell, then give it a try Seriously though...
  19. S

Rear Bearing Job for $275

$275....take it and run.. They were a pain to change...
  20. S

a/c problem

If your system works in every way except for COLD air then it isnt vacuum related. HVAC Vacuum problems will only affect the following: Recirculate/fresh air door Panel/Defrost/Floor door. The blend door, which rotates to allow either heater core or evaporator access, is controlled by the...
  21. S

a/c problem

Is your compressor working? Is the system charged?? Does the actuator actually rotate the new door? Take a look at the connection to the door as you change the temperature setting.
  22. S

Wiring Help / Diagrams needed 02 Mounty

What are you trying to wire up? Easiest way is behind your radio....
  23. S

No airflow from dash vents

If your fix worked, pat yourself on the back and call it a day. I have the DATC and mine snapped off inside the airbox on the drivers side. I have just taken my dash apart (from the front) and realized that I still cant reach it. If I want it fixed I will have to pull the whole dash out...
Back