Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Windshield Cracked / Replacement

Which insurance company is it ? They classify objects in the road differently depending on whether or not they "touched" the road. I.E. if I was following a truck and a object came out of the truck bed and hit my vehicle before it touched the ground I would be covered under my comprehensive...
  2. R

Explorer Brake Upgrades

Since when does anyone report any upgrades they have made on their vehicle to the insurance company unless it adds substantial value to the vehicle (usually a restored or show vehicle in that case)......come on.
  3. R

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Crystal....this problem, defect, whatever has to....or really needs to get fords full attention. Since you have to be somewhat in the know or hear the watercooler talk, WTH is going on with no fixes ? Please don't give us the company line that it is being worked on, I have already received...
  4. R

Prices To Extend the CPO Warranty?

How does his pricing compare to flood ?
  5. R

Prices To Extend the CPO Warranty?

hmmmm...flood ford still just showing 7 years....when was this 8 year plan announced ?
  6. R

Black Friday Sales at Livernois Motorsports

Haven't we determined that the Air Raid for the Sport is a POS ?
  7. R

Take the time to read further back. He was out of warranty. They stated up front they would charge him for the TSB and quoted a price. That isn't the issue, the issue he has was that the service he paid for didn't fix the problem. :rolleyes:
  8. R

Mounting / Wiring Radar Detector

Not using those on our 14 sport. Using the far right top and bottom pinouts if looking from the rear. Our detector turns on and off with the start of the vehicle.
  9. R

Mounting / Wiring Radar Detector

We have 9500's that are wired into the mirror on both our rx8 and sport. I have noticed some times that the unit will power off for some odd reason (usually a low voltage state during turn on that is rectified by unplug replug and power on) which is not limited to the sport. Doesn't happen...
  10. R

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Names are all nice and everything, but they really mean nothing without what you guys paid for what level.....
  11. R

New 2014 RR sport, Deezee, sharkfin, ...

Wheels......personally they don't look meaty and manly enough for the sport.
  12. R

Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport

Don't meant to crap too much over your post, but to most people, "pulled the plug" usually means removed, I.e. We "pulled the plug on his life support". Also you mention a 63 v2??? I assume that is yet another typo that means 93v2? So correct me if I am wrong, but to condense you...
  13. R

1st trip back to the dealership for repairs

Try a different dealer if you have that option. After the current one replaces the wheel they scratched on the last visit I won't be using them again. Granted they did pony up and order the wheel for their ##### up. I have another dealer that is 8 miles away vs the "scratch your wheels"...
  14. R

Ford Introduces EcoBoost Interceptor Utility

No, that grill is not the same as sport. That one looks much more basic (and easier to clean too).
  15. R

2013 Explorer 4wd rear drive shaft noise when accelerating

Curious what your tool chest install looks like.....pics?
  16. R

2014 Exp Sport - $46,000 OTD good buy?

That is OTD of the dealership yes. Taxes etc are handled at the tag agency if you we're including those numbers. EDIT: went back and looked...48635 was sticker.
  17. R

2014 Exp Sport - $46,000 OTD good buy?

I think the only thing we were missing on ours was the adaptive cruise and captains chairs and got it for about 42,500 ordered.
  18. R

Received a call from the dealership manager yesterday re the smell and he "said" after talking with the regional rep and engineer that he got the inference that there was a fix being completed and they were waiting on it to go through "legal" first. Take that for what you will.
  19. R

That really sounds like a complete line of BS (get her out the door). The odor isn't going to go away on you....sorry.
  20. R

Its not break in. An no not worth bringing in yet. They don't have the new fix for the 2014's. Last chat with regional I had yesterday is at least 20-30 days (if not more).
  21. R

What was the verdict ? Also the smell really can't be reproduced (in my experience) unless they actually drive it. Best way to do it is to accelerate onto the highway with the rear climate control on A/C and High.
  22. R

Much less, but you can still faintly smell it.
  23. R

Yep....fix not working. I can reproduce it 100% of the time with the rear climate on and moderate acceleration.
  24. R

FYI, had our 14 explorer sport in for service yesterday. Mentioned the smell and how to reproduce it along with the 12-12-4 TSB for them to check. Came back that some of the 13's and all 14's already had this TSB change. Can anyone confirm the above ?
Back