Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Starting issues - Pleeeeeeease hel

Sounds like it could be a starter solenoid you can always test it but sticking a metal screw driver between the connections and see if it turns over,or if you dont like doing that kinda thing you could just replace it for 10-20 bucks hope this helps.Also you could try putting it in neutral and...
  2. E

Car trying to die surging when gas is pushed

I would check the valve on the fuel rail to see what pressure the pump is pushing to it,on my mustang i thought it was the pump also,but i used a tire gauge,on the nipple to see what the pressure was with the key on,and also started,turned out for me was a weak coil was blowing the spark out...
  3. E

Seatbelt minder/chime goes off for 5 minutes

Dont know if this will apply to your problem but i was working on my girlfriends explorer and one of the doors had a bad ground for the door ajar switch,are any of your lights staying on when you are inside of it?Id check the grounds on the seatbelt part,if there good maybe run a jumper from the...
  4. E

Is this bad gas mileage

Wow,That is pretty bad,i have an 03 eddie edition and ive never got that low,but i dont have a heavy foot in it either,i currently have 95k miles with a new oil change,oil,and airfilter in city i get about 14-17 but if i cruise on the interstate at 65-70 i get alittle over 20-21 MPG thats...
  5. E

mileage display not very bright

Its very easy to do,and worth it!The connections are usualy around the little resistors i just wiggled them a bit and could see the factory soldeir was on there but was nt holding it tight to the bored,very easy and simple to do just rember not to get it to hot or bad things happen lol how i did...
  6. E

Trans Solenoid Pack Replacement

Goodluck Hate to burst your bubble bubba,but that code IS related to the solinoid BUT more then 95% of the time its like the other poster said,New servo bors or broke band,Just bought a explorer for my girlfriend thought i was getting a good deal,to make this story short and sweet,went to the...
Back