Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

How many miles will an explorer go for?

I personally think that any car, if you maintain it, is reliable. The trick is...you really have to maintain it. It's just a machine, and machines break...and if you don't take care of them, they break sooner than if you do. I just bought a 2004 XLT and it has 147,000 miles on it. It looks and...
  2. J

How long did your Servo Bore "O-Ring Fix" last

My understanding from the folks that did my transmission work is that you don't have to replace the entire transmission unless something else in it is hosed...you can have any good shop sleeve the servo bores and do a rebuild for a reasonable cost, and then you don't have to worry about it...
  3. J

Looking for info on a custom sub enclosure for a 2002 Explorer

Yes, the JL subs sound great - the ones that come in the Stealthbox are not their top-of-the-line, but they ARE optimized for that size enclosure. They'll sounds good the minute you hook them up. Take some time to dial them in, and you'll have great sound. I recommend a JL amp, too. I used to...
  4. J

2004 Explorer XLT with Cooled Seats

Hey guys - I did a quick search and found some old threads (2009...) that never really went anywhere about this, but I was wondering if anyone has any new ideas... First - does anyone here know what year cooled seats were first offered in the Explorers? Was it 2011?? Second, does...
  5. J

Hello!

I just bought a 2004 Explorer XLT, and this has been a great source of info for me since then, and helped me decide to buy the car, too. I hope to participate and learn even more... Thanks to all who keep this resource going!
Back