Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Shift to Park Warning

After a little more research, they ordered CT4Z-7210-KC but I'm thinking they should have ordered CT4Z-7210-FB which would include the shift knob without the +/- button on the side and be the correct size for the Sport. All of the parts for the complete shifter kits are the same I believe...
  2. C

Shift to Park Warning

So, I just took my 2014 Explorer Sport into the dealer today as the new shifter they ordered came in. My dealer normally treats me pretty good but as in a few other posts, it appears they installed the wrong shifter. I now have a fatter shifter that looks kinda like the one in my 2013 F150 FX4...
  3. C

Water Leak

I complete agree with this statement. Ford should take this seriously even if it is a low percentage of overall production. I'd be interested in knowing what Ford has actually done around investigating what is occuring with the leaks. Have they taken the lemons back, tore them down and found...
  4. C

3.5L Ecoboost

Crystal, Here is a pick of our '14 Sport:
  5. C

3.5L Ecoboost

We got our '14 Sport on Jul 3rd and it has been nothing but great so far. I think we only have 2800 miles on it but so far no issues. I've checked for evidence of the water leak as others have described and have found none so I'm hopefully in the clear but will keep a periodic check. I also...
  6. C

Water Leak

Are most of the water leaks impacting 2011/2012 vehicles or are there 2013 and 2014 Explorers also experiencing leaks?
  7. C

Got my 2014 Sport Friday

Kdear, I hope this is just a fluke for you and your new Explorer. Sometimes things are bad from the factory whether it be faulty parts or labor. I remember in 1995 I bought a Mitsubishi 3000GT and a few days after I bought it my brakes failed. Turned out to be a faulty brake line but the...
  8. C

Got my 2014 Sport Friday

Very nice '14 Sport! I got the same one and so far my wife loves it. Since this picture I have added the mud guards like the one in your pics. Those are a big help to protect the lower sides of the car. Now comes the task to keep this baby clean and waxed!
  9. C

Anyone driving a 2014 yet?

We are loving our '14 Sport. I think mine was built on June 6th and were lucky enough in our timing to find it on a dealers lot and it had just come off the truck. We were also lucky in the fact that this dealer had the best pricing of any Ford dealer I'd ever been too. They even beat the...
  10. C

2014 Trip Enhanced View

I have the 2014 Sport and I'm seeing the same thing. I don't see a specific option for an enhanced mode either. For earlier models with enhanced mode what additional options are there?
  11. C

Question for 2013 Explorer Sport Owners

Thanks guys for the info. Here is the only pic I've taken so far and it was the day after I drove it home in the rain. I had just washed it. I'm sure this black is going to keep me busy on the detailing end of things but I was due for a change since I typically buy white cars and my wife also...
  12. C

Question for 2013 Explorer Sport Owners

I'm a new member of this site and just bought a new 2014 Sport last night. I had a 2009 F150 Lariat 4x4 with 80k miles and really had almost zero problems out of that truck especially with it being the first year of the new model. I've been looking at the Explorers for a year or so and when...
Back