Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Rebuilding a 5R55S trans- What valve body kits?

Where can I get my case sleeved? I live in the midwest.... Doug
  2. D

Midwest shops that can bore and sleeve the servos on 5R55S?

Bump. If you have an answer, please let me know.
  3. D

Midwest shops that can bore and sleeve the servos on 5R55S?

Hi all! I'm living in Forgotonia Illinois, next to Middleofnowhere, and no one even close to me is even aware of the servo bore issue. Can anyone recommend a shop that can bore and sleeve my case? I have it torn down, and I'm nearly ready to reassemble, but I would like to get it sleeved before...
  4. D

5R55S Rebuild. Is the Ford factory kit adequate?

Got the solenoid pack, plan on addressing the servo issue one way or another, and installing a transgo kit. Does anyone know of a shop I can ship my case to, and have it sleeved? No one anywhere near here does it. I'm in the midwest about equal distance between St. Louis and Chicago.
  5. D

5R55S Rebuild. Is the Ford factory kit adequate?

Diving into rebuilding a pulled 5R55S tranny. No plans to do any power adders, just stock V6 for now. I have found MANY rebuild/repair/overhaul kits online, and they all seem to contain different parts. I'm leaning toward the Ford factory kit, but am open to aftermarket kits. Would like to...
  6. D

2004 Explorer 5R55S manual shift linkage

Hi all. I need some help. I have the classic no 2/5th gear issue on my Ex, and I found another 5R55S cheap. I discovered today why is was so cheap. The shift linkage was absolutely destroyed. The parts that are shot are the linkage arm where the cable connects, the outer nut, the shaft itself...
  7. D

Worth Fixing?

Steve, Can you send me some pictures, and a starting number to buy? I am in the same boat, but with a trans...I may be interested...
  8. D

Quick Question regarding OD band/Servo issue in 5R55W tranny

Have not yet. I am helping a friend get his truck running, and then we will put it on the lift, and drop the pan, and check a number of things, including the wiring harness...
  9. D

OK, finally got the codes: P0745 Pressure Control Solenoid A P0731 Gear 1 Incorrect Ratio P0733 Gear 3 " P0734 Gear 4 " P1000 OBDII Monitor Testing Incomplete Looking them up now. Kinda wondering about P0745... Doug
  10. D

The OD button has no effect whatsoever. sluggish accelerating from a standstill leads me to believe it is starting in second, and OD light starts blinking almost immediately. If I cancel OD before moving, OD light will soon begin blinking, and still no OD in any driving conditions or wind direction.
  11. D

Yes, the OD light is flashing.
  12. D

I have narrowed down my transmission problem to either a bad OD servo, or a broken band. I am sure there is servo bore wear, as it has 135,000 miles. Last night on the way home from work, I lost OD in a stiff headwind. I was going highway speeds (65) and the tach was at 3000 instead of 2000...
  13. D

Phantom R134 leak

I have many years of experience of working on freezers and refergerators, so I am aware of the dangers of working on A/C systems. I have a leak, but cannot find it. I charged my system with 2 small cans of R134 with dye in it. In 24 hours, the system was completely flat. I looked for dye residue...
Back