Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2013 Explorer Sport Rough Idle / Bucking on Cold Starts

My '13 Sport bucks a little when the engine is cold. It was worse with the stock tune than the LMS tune. I can drive around it, but I really feel it when my wife is driving.
  2. J

Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport

Remove the 3bar map sensor, but leave the thermostat in. It won't throw a CEL. I did this a few weeks back when the backup sensors stopped working in mine.
  3. J

New Update!!!!

I will try v5 this weekend too. I've had a problem with v4 where it will bounce off the rev limiter at the top of 2nd gear a few times before shifting into 3rd... will see if it fixes that.
  4. J

2016 Sport misfire issues after mods installed

Maybe they are talking about the 100oct fuel I see at some Marathon gas stations? If they are, I blew a head gasket in my Subaru with that fuel running not much more boost than my 93oct tune.
  5. J

Maybe the .030" gap is your problem. Did you try gapping them tighter? I have been using .025" for a very long time. I think the only right way to gap iridium plugs is with feeler gauges. Don't use a gap tool. I also use a magnifying glass to make sure I didn't damage the center electrode.
  6. J

When you pulled the plugs out can you tell which cylinder is misfiring? You'll probably have to pull them right after it misfires. If you could pin it to one cylinder or all of them, that's a start. If you swap back the old map sensor and put the stock tune back on, does it still misfire?
  7. J

New Update!!!!

LMS tune, 170 tstat, 3bar map, gapped plugs. With the v3 93oct tune it went 13.48 @ 102.3. I think it will go a few tenths quicker with the v4 tune.
  8. J

New Update!!!!

I just flashed v4 93oct and went for a spin. It's a big improvement all around. Drivability is better and WOT is noticeably faster. It spins the tires every time in 1st gear and going into 2nd, and top-end feels stronger. I won't be able to go to the dragstrip for another three weeks, but...
  9. J

Livernois Tune

Livernois told me that the 3bar tune is exactly the same as their tune w/out the 3bar sensor. It's just calibrated for the new sensor so it does not run so close to maxing out the sensor.
  10. J

Livernois Tune

It seems like it puts more power to the rear wheels. Try launching on the street in normal mode (traction control off) and sand mode. In normal mode mine spins the front tires off the line. In sand mode they all spin and it goes a little sideways sometimes.
  11. J

Livernois Tune

3bar map sensor 170* thermostat Livernois 93oct v3 tune It was between 45-50 degrees out at the time. I launch in sand mode and switch it back to normal mode after the 1-2 shift.
  12. J

Livernois Tune

The 3bar map sensor IS from a F150. I took my xsport to the dragstrip a few weeks ago and it was so frickin consistent that it was boring. After a few passes I stopped because it was running the same time over and over again. 13.496 @ 102.32 13.498 @ 102.39 13.499 @ 102.31 13.543 @...
  13. J

Hella supertones

They don't sound like they belong on a Geo Metro in real life. I have a set of hella supertones on my Subaru. They are ####ing loud, like loud enough to make an unsuspecting person fall down.
  14. J

Livernois Motorsports and Engineering Announces New & Improved Custom Tuning

I think the v3 tune is slower than the v2 tune, but it's an improvement over v2 CW.
  15. J

1st gear doesn't seem as violent as in the v2 tune, but there is definitely more tq steer in 2nd gear. I'll refrain from commenting on the transmission until it has a few more days to learn.
  16. J

I emailed last night, got the tuner updated this afternoon, and flashed the new tune. I'll give some feedback tomorrow after I drive it for a while.
  17. J

Vendors, we need rear wheel bias

So you want a new transmission eh?
  18. J

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Livernois 93v2 high boost tune, 170 thermostat, gapped plugs.
  19. J

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

I lit up the tires way into 3rd gear (the roads were pretty wet).
  20. J

Open letter to LMS

Mine does the same thing. I don't think bad gas or winter gas is the culprit. I've run straight 100oct unleaded, and a mix of 100oct unleaded and 89oct ethanol-free gas, with no difference.
  21. J

Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport

I would feel a lot better about upgrading the low pressure fuel pump or installing a KB boost-a-pump, instead of using meth injection.
  22. J

How about a refund for everybody that bought the overpriced 3bar MAP sensor expecting that it was all that's needed for the XV1 tune? I will not install meth injection on my XSport.
  23. J

Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport

I can confirm that the update fixes the cold weather hesitation issue. It doesn't feel watered down compared to the old tune, but maybe it would once temps warm up (in which case we can switch back to the old tune).
  24. J

It's been a month now. What's happening Livernois? Why the delay?
  25. J

Continued Performance Developments from Livernois Motorsports for the Explorer Sport

.025" gap It feels like overboost + oscillation. I know what spark blowout feels like after running my subie at 30psi on e85.
Back