Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Stereo Swaps

Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter and whatever Metra one they listed for my model. I don't recall which but their website will tell you.
  2. L

Stereo Swaps

I have an aftermarket headunit in my 06. No extra wiring required, besides the standard wiring harness, and even that is optional if you don't mind splicing wires and making a rat's nest. The steering wheel controls did need a separate adapter however.
  3. L

Annoying rumble.

If it's happened on turns, it's likely a wheel bearing. The fronts are easy to replace, the rears a little more difficult (you need a press, or access to one)
  4. L

New (to me) '06, with a few questions..

I did end up getting it out. Had to pick up an offset 8mm wrench (was actually just a brake bleeder wrench) and then it was super easy. The Tstat was slightly rusted and was having trouble opening and closing, which is why it was overheating sometimes, and other times it was fine. When I...
  5. L

Mine has started doing the same. I initially thought it was my fault. When I changed the power steering rack last winter, I had to pull the lower rad hose, so I changed the coolant while I was at it. What drained was yellow/gold (not neon green). I didn't realize that Ford has it's own HOAT...
  6. L

After market Sub in Stock Location.

Let us know how it goes. I haven't gotten in there yet, I'm still deciding what amp to get, but I'm worried about the space, since I can't mount it under any of the seats. If it fits, could you let us know the model of your MTX? This is what I'm looking at so far
  7. L

After market Sub in Stock Location.

It's an 8" sub stock. With some modification, a 10" will fit. The sub box is the same as the 3rd gen. The hardest part is finding somewhere to put the amp if you're planning to replace the stock amp. Try this
  8. L

Replacing stock dash bulbs with LEDs

I've wanted to figure out a way to get a brighter instrument cluster for a while. I've tried replacing the stock Osram 2452MFX6 bulbs (12v 1.5w) with B8.4D LEDs but the ones I've found have all been garbage, and either didn't work, didn't fit, broke, or were just as dim as the stock halogens. I...
  9. L

I've thought about it too, but I'm more concerned with fuel economy these days. I need to replace the exhaust gaskets/studs/manifolds, as they're both puttering. Weirdly, I noticed after I changed my plugs that my city fuel econ increased, but highway fuel econ went down.
  10. L

I recommend trying to get your hands on the Lisle extraction tool. I bought it from Amazon and didn't end up using it so I sent it back for a refund. Pick up some nickle anti-seize if you don't have any.
  11. L

Replacing power steering rack

I had fluid leaking from the driver side boot, so the seal was toast. I'm not sure what might cause your issue. Air in the system maybe? Broken/worn tooth on your rack or pinion ? Don't know if the clock spring would affect that. Is it in the same steering wheel position each time? That could...
  12. L

Just came to confirm ; Good chance it's your plugs. I had the exact same issue on my 06' LTD 4.6. Hesitation under moderate throttle, and hard bucking at WOT. I finally noticed that when it bucked hard, I'd get a CEL for about 10 seconds, and then it would shut off. I checked the codes before...
  13. L

3rd Row Seat Removal

I had the same issue. The plastic gears on the motors stripped, and the seats wouldn't move. One got about halfway up before finally dying, and it was stuck like that. Since I never use the 3rd row, I took a recip saw to the threaded rod, and now the seats move up and down manually, but they...
  14. L

Replacing power steering rack

Anyone done this on their own that could pass on some tips? I have the workshop manual and I've followed the steps but there's so little room in there, I can get the rack unbolted from the steering column. I can't get enough leverage with one hand and the other is holding the socket because the...
  15. L

Keyless entry code 4 numbers and a x..

Never seen that before. Have you figured out the code yet? If you're only missing the last digit, you'd only have to try 5 combinations to get it. Once you have it, you can program your own custom code too
  16. L

Door code

Either my search function is broken, or my code isn't in that list.
  17. L

Door code

I used Forscan for Windows. The mobile versions don't have all the options. You also need an adapter that can read MS-CAN. Most can't.
  18. L

Disable TPMS?

I'm in the same boat right now. Used Forscan to modify GEM 726-01-01 to 0000 0000 2F. Worked, TPMS warnings gone, but unfortunately, so is my keyless entry.
  19. L

Door code

If you have a scanner that can access the MS-CAN bus, Forscan will show you the code. Otherwise, use a small inspection mirror and a flashlight to check the side of SJB.
  20. L

My '07 Limited V8 'Garage Thread'

Wow, this might work. Thanks . I'll give it a shot tomorrow Edit: You are the man! It was GEM module, entry 726-01-01. Changed it to 0000 0000 2F and no more TPMS warnings. I'm on aftermarket wheels now, but my stock/winters had 2 faulty sensors and I was looking at $300+ to replace them, just...
  21. L

There's a Ford website where you can punch in your VIN and it'll give you a list of the modules that were programmed into your vehicle from factory. If your vehicle didn't have TPMS, and mine does, we could compare the 2 lists and see which memory line is missing or altered. I'll probably just...
  22. L

Appreciate the offer, but I was hoping that it didn't have TPMS. I'm trying to track down the module that controls it, and if you didn't have it, your VIN might have been able to get me the As built data I needed.
  23. L

Does your Ex have TPMS ?
  24. L

Shared brake hardware?

Hey fellas, I was changing out the front pads and rotors this afternoon on my 2000 Explorer XLT 4dr when one of the caliper guide pin bolts snapped off. Turns out the rear pin on the driver side was rusted and wouldn't budge. No amount of PB Blaster/Propane Torch/Elbow Grease got the pin...
Back