Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Saddened but I am gonna have to sell my 98 5.0

Saddened but I am gonna have to sell my 98 5.0
  2. A

IFS Heavy Duty Upgrades!

Last I heard the information for the coilover mounting brackets was on the ranger forums.
  3. A

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

This is a really good write up. I think I will plan on doing this in the near future once I find the time to replace my transmission with a new one...mine died. I can go maybe 100ft before it loses all forward gears. Not sure why so new transmission it is.
  4. A

June 10 - 12 Superlift ORV Park, Arkansas was SMORR EF 20th anniversary run

I really wanna go...been working on the ex when I can but dang...this winter weather makes it pretty hard to do anything.
  5. A

There are several areas here in Kentucky if we can't fit a date in at SMORR I haven't been to any of these so I don't know the pro's and cons of each. Hope this helps http://www.rushoffroad.com/ http://dirtyturtleoffroad.com/ http://www.harlancountytrails.com/index.php...
  6. A

83-97 Rear Leaf Spring Shackle & Bushing Pricing.....

I'm sure this has already been answered, but are the spring bushings on a 97 ford explorer the same size as a 98 ford explorer?
  7. A

Power window problems fixed ( with pictures)

This happened to me today. I don't have any control of my locks, windows and wipers. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet due to the massive amount of rain today. Hopefully it's something not so difficult to fix.
  8. A

Well, i'm working on getting the money together to do a coilover conversion, then after that I'm not too sure yet. Still working that part out.
  9. A

I'd love to go to one of these events, hopefully I can have the ex fixed up and ready for something next year.
  10. A

RCD shock and mount numbers.

I was looking at getting some 2.0" Fox Coilover, Emulsion, 6.5" Travel and 8" Long - King 2.5" ID Coilover Spring 750# What sort of lift will that generate and will I need to get some for the rear end as well? How long would my limiting straps need to be as well? I have a 98 ford explorer...
  11. A

1998 Ford Explorer 4x4 New Front Suspension and Brakes.

I just went and bought the LCA with the bj already pressed in. As for the upper, I changed those no problem. It was a pita trying to get the old one out. Not very hard to put the new one in, used a rubber mallet. Pretty easy.
  12. A

Lift kit for 98 ford explorer xlt 4x4

I am having a LOT of trouble trying to find a 3 or 4 inch suspension lift for a 98 ford explorer. Anyone know where I can find a good lift kit for it?:exp:
Back