Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

<SOLD> OEM Tonneau cover parts: rubber key cover<SOLD>

It has been sold. Sorry that I didn't update the thread to reflect that. I'll do that now.
  2. J

<SOLD> OEM Tonneau cover parts: rubber key cover<SOLD>

SOLD My beloved '02 Sport Trac has been sent off to the happy hunting grounds. I have, still in the box, two things for sale: the ever-popular and ridiculously priced rubber plug/cover for the tonneau lock. Also included is a cable set for the rear lock/latches. $65 takes 'em both.
  3. J

Crunch!

Well, it's official: my beloved Sport Trac is a total loss. Let the hunt begin!
  4. J

Crunch!

My son was driving my Sport Trac on Monday night. He lost control on I81 in southwest VA (snow turning to ice) and had a mild fender bender with a semi. While he and the semi driver were exchanging insurance info, another semi lost control, left the travel lane and creamed my truck. He, his...
  5. J

A better engine for a 2003?

2WD or 4WD? Check the final drive ratio on the door jamb tag. Ratios are as follows: 41 - 3.27 non-limited slip (Explorer/Mountaineer) 45 - 3.55 non-limited slip (Explorer/Mountaineer) 46 - 3.73 non-limited slip (Explorer/Mountaineer) 42 - 4.10 non-limited slip (Explorer/Mountaineer) D1 - 3.27...
  6. J

Need help matching compatibility for new Radio

Looks like a winner. Keep us in the loop on installation.
  7. J

Need help matching compatibility for new Radio

Make sure you compare the total package with Crutchfield. Depending on price, many units include the bracket, wiring kit and vehicle-specific instructions. Also, the double DIN radios require that you trim the radio opening. Not sure on the single DIN units.
  8. J

2016 Blizzard

2WD SportTracs are absolutely horrible in the snow. They are way too light in the rear. My 4WD, however, had no problems with the 20" of snow we got.
  9. J

NEW hood option available! MUST SEE !!

I thought the same thing. It certainly channels the Ford look, in that respect.
  10. J

Need help ASAP! resources expended! need truck for work!

I'd look at the fuel pressure. I had similar issues that were finally corrected with a new fuel pump.
  11. J

For Sale 01-05 Sport Trac OEM Bed Cover

I have a complete OEM bed cover from my 2002 Sport Trac that I need to sell. I'm handicapped and have difficulty lifting it. I'm located in southwest Virginia. Asking $300.
  12. J

New lights! Videos and pics

Thanks!
  13. J

New lights! Videos and pics

Can we get some pics and description of the 32" LED bar install? I'm considering a combo bar in that spot on my 2002 ST. Thanks.
  14. J

door key less entry

Look for a damaged wire in the door jamb.
  15. J

OEM Hard Bed Cover Replacement

I have a 2002 Sport Trac with the factory hard tonneau cover. Being handicapped, it is getting increasingly difficult to use. Can I get some suggestions on a lightweight soft cover to replace it? Anyone interested in my original hard cover and all the hardware? I'd like to get enough out...
  16. J

Not again!! a lot coolant overflowing from reservoir

A bit more diagnosis is definitely in order. Pressure test the cap and system, and go from there.
  17. J

WTF U-Haul

U-Haul screwed me hard around 15 years ago. I understand that the local office is not the company themselves, but that day I vowed to never use a U-Haul product or service again. I still, 15 years later, flip them off when I drive by.
  18. J

Paint Treatment for Factory Wheels

Any recommendations on paint and process?
  19. J

Paint Treatment for Factory Wheels

I'm considering a semi-blackout treatment on my 2002 'Trac factory wheels, like this. Stock on the right, painted (crappy MSPaint job) on the left. What do you think?
  20. J

Preparing Radio/Climate Bezel

Speaking from experience, I can tell you that the most important thing you can do is NOT FALL. At our age, it's very easy to break a wrist or some ribs or a skull. Whether it was dizzyness, a mis-step or general weakness, you have to be ultra-aware of your gait, stance and surroundings all the...
  21. J

What did you do this weekend? Participation required

Well, I finally gave up and did it--called the flatbed. The ongoing fuel pump issues, and the other work I need to have done, made me come kicking and screaming to a painful reality-- since my spinal cord injury, I just can't do anywhere near as much as I used to do. Just collecting the tools...
  22. J

Fuel pump help ASAP!

I remember reading somewhere that they changed from a 5 pin to a 4 pin and they are interchangeable.
  23. J

Where do you store your sunglasses?

2002 Sport Trac. I store them in a hard case, in the door pocket.
  24. J

No start - That's it, I give up.

Went out to take the truck to the shop to have a fuel pump put in before it gives me any more grief. No start. Fuel pump is not running. If I was able, I'd crawl under and check for power at the pump, just to make sure, but that's a no-go. I'll see if I can get my daughter to crawl under...
  25. J

New Toy

I like the way you think!
Back