Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Adaptive Cruise Control/Collision Avoidance

As EGUY mentioned, that is where it is heading. Google has already been testing it's auto mated vehicle and been pushing laws to be changed to make it street legal. The hi-end makers' version of ACC already bring the vehicle to a complete stop and resume when traffic moves. The convergence...
  2. S

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Mine smell with windows up, AC on auto 70° and hard accerating (>3500 RPM). Whole cabin fills up within 30 seconds.
  3. S

Whether using a higher octane gas fixes the problem is irrelevant (but it does help diagnose the problem). Ford sold us a car that uses 87 and if the problem exist running 87, Ford needs to fix it.
  4. S

Same here. Traded in MDX to buy American (for the first time). Will not be doing so after we're done with the Explorer. Way to go Ford. You lost a customer for life 2 weeks into the ownership experience but not fixing a problems 2-3 years into the current design. For me, the problem is...
  5. S

What happens when you are successful with a lemon law case? Does Ford buy the vehicle back at the original purchase price? Or do they just buy it less depreciation (eg current fair market value)?
  6. S

Ordered/Bought 2014 Ford Explorer

Welcome but if you haven't purchased it, be aware of the following potential issue. Bad or Burnt smell during hard acceleration
  7. S

I know how you feel. However, I think our expectations are a bit misplaced. We didn't buy a car that was engineered to begin with as a $50K vehicle. We purchased a $30K vehicle (2014 base model MSRP) with $20k add-ons.
  8. S

Adaptive Cruise Control/Collision Avoidance

You have to remember that Ford is not innovative in this area nor do they pretend to be. Systems like intelligent key, adaptive cruise control, parallel parking assist, active parking lines, blind spot detection etc were all introduced by the luxury brands and then trickle down to mainstream...
  9. S

My latest deterrent to azzz kissers....meet the Bumper Shield XL

That would be a bit difficult to park in NYC. :)
  10. S

It does not affect (parallel) parking assist but it does affect the rear parking sensors thus my annoyance with Ford is that they don't have a setting to turn off the sensors permanently. Every time it is in reverse, it beeps nonstop until you turn off the sensors. The rear camera Ford...
  11. S

Due to inconsiderate drivers in NYC, I had to go with the following:
  12. S

Build quality on my 2014 Limited.

The rest of the paint pictures are on the roof (under the roof rail).
  13. S

Build quality on my 2014 Limited.

I've had the vehicle for about 3 weeks. Noticed some cosmetic issues with the car. Overall satisfy with the 2014 Limited. What I dislike The paint job is poor. The passenger side 2nd row have areas without paint (the lines following the shape of the wheel well). This was delivered in...
  14. S

A little sensitive there. Not sure why you think my comments was direct at you at all. No one is trying to convince you your vehicle has an issue. I'm just reflecting that if one was driving entirely in a environment that doesn't require taxing the engine, one wouldn't even realize the issue...
  15. S

3rd Row Power Button cover / disable switch needed

I'm surprised Ford haven't address this yet considering the fix could be as simple as a cover of some sort. Even my dealer admit it is a bad design as she had accidentally folded while her grandkids are in the third row.
  16. S

I think owners don't realize their vehicles have this issue because their driving habits and/or environment does not require bringing the engine up above 3500 RPMs and holding it there for more than 30-45 seconds at a time. In NYC, I don't really get the opportunity to operate under these...
  17. S

I've been using regular unleaded and the smell issue is still reproducible.
  18. S

Just purchased a 2014 Limited two weeks ago. Was up to 250 miles on the odometer last week when driving thru a incline on the interstate at around 70mph. RPMs were above 3000 when I detected a slight burning smell. Is this the problem this thread is in reference to?
  19. S

Can dealer disable audio from parking sensors?

I don't see why this setting can't persist. The other settings in the dash are saved even after a restart such as adaptive/normal cruise control, easy entry on/off etc.
  20. S

Can dealer disable audio from parking sensors?

Very annoying since I back into my garage. The system turns on by default every the vehicle is started. Whereas Lane Departure system by default is disabled by default and I have to turn it on every time. Anyway to turn it on by default?
  21. S

What is this ugly HOOK?

I didn't even notice the recovery hook until I was trying to attached a rear bumper guard and noticed the installation picture didn't match what I was seeing. It also made it incompatible with the rear bumper guard unless I take the recovery hook out.
  22. S

What is this ugly HOOK?

You don't need to saw it off. This piece can be removed with a 18mm socket and a breaker bar. There are three bolts attaching it to the vehicle. However as you indicated, the muffler hangs of this piece so if you remove it, you will need to replace it with a muffler hanger similar to the one...
  23. S

Here's Our New Ride!

Thanks VinceL. It's a bit tough to hearing your car has these issues especially since I'm trading in a 5 year old Acura MDX with low 30K miles. Only issue we had is a fold down side mirror which struggles to fold back up when switching from R back to D. Me having to bring the car in for...
  24. S

Here's Our New Ride!

No one in NYC. The one in Brooklyn was more interested in pushing us to lease even when we told them repeatedly we didn't want to; gently pushed us toward a demo despite saying no; and also refused to give us a number on the trade-in. :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: The Manhattan one...
Back