Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Paint bubbling on 2014 Explorer

Not I, was under 24 months, but over 36,000 miles by about 4,000 miles. Good luck.
  2. A

Ethics05 asked: Is there a warranty on the work completed and is it transferable to me, the new owner? I can not answer what your dealer will do or honor. My dealer said that they would warranty the hood for the life of the vehicle. I have not seen any problems with the lift gate.
  3. A

It could also be quality of paint.
  4. A

No, I did not take any on the underside. But the bubbling looked like the bubbling on the outside edge. It just had not chipped away. Never figured out how to post the two pictures that I have on this site.
  5. A

The underside of my hood was bubbled. Did not find that, because I was looking for anything until it appear on the top side edge.
  6. A

Glad that it worked out for you. The dealer (Penske) said their work is warranted.
  7. A

Do not hesitate or you will be paying for this.
  8. A

The hood was replaced, since just painting the Dealer would not warranty the work. It is the only place that the bubbling appeared. I do not think that there is aluminum anywhere else on the body, but I can not say that with certainty. I did answer a survey from Ford about my how I felt...
  9. A

Here is my story Here is my story: 7/8/2015 Took Explorer to Dealer. They told me that my hood needs replaced. Then they found out that I had approximately 39968 miles which is over the paint warranty and my 100,000 mile warranty does not apply. I have owned this vehicle one week shy of...
  10. A

Although I have had my Explore less than two years, but have over 36,000 (just under 40,000 when I took it in) miles. Ford will not cover it. The dealer told me that the hood needs replaced, since they could not guaranty that they could fix the problem without it returning. I did blow my...
  11. A

Make sure you have it inspected prior to the 36,000 miles. If I would have, Ford would have covered it.
  12. A

Just got off the phone with the supervisor. They are unwilling to take care of this at 100%. If I had not been put off last week, I probably would have been willing to work with him. But I am getting to talk with my attorney and let him take over. Poor workmanship, poor materials, or a...
  13. A

There are now three areas that the paint is bubbling along the front edge. No sign of a nick. I am not happy with the Ford Customer Service. They tell me they would do something, but they are waiting to hear from the dealer. Then I was told that I needed to take it to the dealer so they can...
  14. A

My 2014 Ford Explorer is less than 2 years old and the hood has paint that has bubbled and is chipping away. Because the mileage is just shy of 40,000 when I took it in to the dealer, it is out of warranty. The dealer feels the hood should be replaced, but Ford told the dealer that they would...
  15. A

Horn Beeps On Exit

Peter, Yes, if I exit with the engine running and all doors closed it will chirp. Since I usually only do this when getting something out of the back, I open the hatch while exiting. Art
  16. A

Horn Beeps On Exit

Horn chirps twice on start up Peter, Took Explorer in for servicing and they reset so that it does not chirp. Thanks, Art
  17. A

Horn Beeps On Exit

Thanks Peter, I will be taking her in for servicing in a week. Art
  18. A

Horn Beeps On Exit

Horn beeps twice on start up My problem has just started on my 2014 Explorer Limited. It beeps twice on start up. If I start it with the remote, it beeps twice when starting it with the FOB. It does it as well if I start it from inside the vehicle by stepping on the brake and press the start...
  19. A

Vehicle Health Report not working.

Vehicle Health Report Good Evening Rebecca, That worked, I did not realize that it was just adding a dealer. I thought it was trying to have me schedule an appointment. Art
  20. A

Vehicle Health Report Wow, maybe Ford is correcting this problem.
  21. A

Peter, Thanks for trying. Art
  22. A

Vehicle Health Report When I visit https://support.ford.com/tools/account/vehicle-health-report?emailid=alert_vhrready and select the View Report for the Health Report, it send me to http://support.ford.com/tools/account/locate-dealer. I am not trying to locate a dealer. I want to see the...
  23. A

Great Ford Dealerships

Drew Ford - La Mesa, CA My 2014 Explorer is the second vehicle purchased here. Jeannine Medico was great in helping us decide on which model and what accessories where right for us. Ivan Green in the service department has been great to work with when having service preformed. Drew Ford is...
  24. A

Help wanted with tracking Limited order

Build date on my Explorer was July 29 and I picked it up today in La Mesa (San Diego), CA. Big thanks to Crystal for helping to track the shipment. Art
  25. A

Help wanted with tracking Limited order

2014 Explorer Tracking shipment I ordered an Explorer Limited and its build date is today. How do I track the shipment? Thanks in advance, Art
Back