Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Good fitting catback for 01 5.0

That's why I went with the flowmaster kit, it fit perfectly.I'm very happy with the kit.
  2. T

I got it of Amazon . The tip exits behind the rear passenger tire, it has the classic flowmaster sound it is a little louder then described.
  3. T

Got the flowmaster kit.fit great easy to install and sounds very nice.
  4. T

Hi,I'm looking for a good fitting catback for my 2001 v8 explorer so far I've found two from gibson and flowmaster. Anyone used either kit without fitment issues?
  5. T

best catback for 5.0 ex.

hi guy's i want to get a catback exhaust for my 01 explorer v8 im thinking either mac or flowmaster force 2 any of u guys use these kit's and how was fitment and sound?
  6. T

choice: repair 1999 V6 ~165K loose timing chain vs buy used 2000 XLS at ~175K miles

Is the xls 4.0 sohc? Is so and its never had the timing issue's fixed then u could have the same problem down the road i had a 01 sport and around 150,000 miles the timing chain tensioner failed i ended up selling it and buying an 01 eb v8 explorer i would fix what u got or find a v8:-)
  7. T

where can i buy a new oil dipstick tube .

Ok guys i bought a new oem ford tube online thanks for the help.
  8. T

That's what i thought but i haven't been able to find one yet even online other than the proform 66184.
  9. T

No its a 2001 Eddie bauer v8 can't find one at a junk yard
  10. T

Im sorry the one I seen was a proform 66184.
  11. T

Hi,guys my dipstick tube broke i guess from rust anyone know where i can buy a new one? I tried the junk yards but no one wants to sell one my truck is a 01 5.0l awd i seen one online its a proform 64184 don't know if it will fit though .
  12. T

hid foglights.

It's the kit come's with the ballasts and everything i know some say order the 9006 kit just wasn't sare if the plugs are the same
  13. T

hid foglights.

Hi,i have a 01 explorer and i would like to add hid foglights any of u guy's know what kit i would need i seen one it was a 9006 conversion kit and do u have to cut any wires?
  14. T

code p0400 and p0401

I'm going to get a motorcraft dpfe sensor and replace the old metal body one.
  15. T

Diff between v6 and v8

My 01 has v8 on both front fender's i think all v8 explorer's have fender badge's.
  16. T

code p0400 and p0401

Don't appear to be any headder leaks the egr looks fine so does the hoses to tje dfpe i took it off and tried to blow trough it and i can't not sure if your suppose to or not
  17. T

code p0400 and p0401

It still has the factory dpfe sensor ill also check the hose's too could it be the evr?
  18. T

code p0400 and p0401

Ok,guy's i have a 2001 eb explorer v8 I've been getting my check engine light coming on pulled code's and got p0400 and p0401 and i get a miss at low speed sometimes motor is all stock with 155,000 mile's any idea's? I can put vacuum on the egr and the motor starts to stumble i get no vacuum out...
  19. T

check engine liggr

Yeah replaced, coil ,plugs ,wire's air filter fuel filter not sure which was causing it to miss but it runs great now.
  20. T

check engine liggr

Yeah i picked one up today I'm gonna do a full tune up on it thank's for all the help guy's.
  21. T

check engine liggr

Ok thank's truck has 147,000 mile's now
  22. T

check engine liggr

Ok check engine light stayed on this time and i got a code p0300 when they checked it wires and plugs im sure are old wire are grey motorcraft dosent miss any untill its at full throttle at around 70-80mph.
  23. T

bumper reinforcement.

Ok found it thank's.
  24. T

cold morning start.

Ok it's been a few day's and it's been starting great no problems at all it even got down to 32 degree's the other night.
Back