Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

4.0 SOHC plastic thermostat housing

Did this job yesterday, so thanks to all for the write-ups and tips. My #1 suggestion? If you have the crankcase wire over the top of the thermo housing, then go ahead and remove the alternator, idler pulley, tensioner, and alternator bracket. It's pretty quick to remove them, relatively, and...
  2. K

Ford and Spongy brakes

Soft/spongy only when running? I had a similar issue in that I suddenly had soft/weak/spongy brakes but no fluid loss. Seemed fine when the engine was off; very hard and easy to pump up, but the pedal sank to the floor as soon as the engine was started. Of course, everyone says, "Air in the...
  3. K

How to: Remove and replace door latch assembly

OK, I went and looked at the spring again. The brand is Servalite, spring #102 . I tried looking up the UPC and part number, 08236-12490 and 540305 respectively, but couldn't find anything online. I'll post some pics tomorrow after I set up a Photobucket.
  4. K

The hardware store was a True Value. They have an assortment of springs and I just picked the one closest to what I pulled out of the latch. I have to go back to get some 2 cycle carb parts so I'll see if I can find a manufacturer and part #. It's probably readily available online if I can...
  5. K

Great write-up! After fiddling with my broken lock for a bit to figure what was going on, I searched and came up with this. I've found so much other great info on this site I knew I simply should have come here first. Like the above poster, getting the latch twisted and off of the power...
Back