Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

ATF leaking from Speedometer Cable

Has anyone seen this before. :rolleyes: I have ATF leaking from my speedometer cable just above the speedometer sensor. It is leaking at the point where the black cable is crimped by the metal fitting on the end. How is ATF getting inside of the cable in the first place? This is really...
  2. R

Axle Pivot Bushings

Finally Done Thanks for the help. It's all done, but what a pain in the butt. It's a simple fix if you are not replacing the metal sleeve, but that sleeve is the worst. It took me about 1.5 hours to get one sleeve out and press the new bushing and sleeve in. I used an air hammer and hack...
  3. R

Axle Pivot Bushings

I can't seem to get my flange out either. I will try those tactics tomorrow morning. One question: When you look at the back side of the flange, is there a lip that you could pound on? Mine doesn't have any kind of lip as I was expecting. You do have to pound it out from the back side...
  4. R

Trans Re-Seal

Anyone???
  5. R

Trans Re-Seal

My Auto A4LD transmissin is leaking badly between the engine and trans. I have just been topping it off for the last week or so, trying to figure out what to do. It has 80k on it so far, but still seems strong so I'm not sure if I should just rebuild it now or just stop the leak. Has anyone...
  6. R

Wheel Bearings pressed onto spindle?

I took one down to a shop to have it pressed off of the spindle, and it was definately seized. It ruined the spindle taking the bearing off. Back to the junk yard I guess. For others with experience, are these supposed to just slide right off of the spindle, or what. If not, how do you get...
  7. R

Torque Specs for Rear Dif Cover

The Haynes manual for the Ranger doesn't have the torq specs listed. That's why I asked the initial question. When I used 25 ft/lbs, I did crack my cover a little. I would suggest replacing the composite cover with a stamped steel one while your are at it. Then the 25-35 ft-lbs makes...
  8. R

Wheel Bearings pressed onto spindle?

I am in the middle of replacing my wheel bearings, and cannot get the inner bearings off of the spindle on either side. Are the inner wheel bearings pressed onto the spindle?
  9. R

Why BOSCH plugs not rrecommended

Rough Idle when re-starting hot rprenner54 wrote: I just changed my plugs to the Bosch Platinums, and it didn't help my Rough Idle when re-starting the truck when its hot. Would I be any better off with the +4s???
  10. R

Overdrive quite working after computer restart

This may be a longshot, but when was the last time you changed the transmission filter? The exact same thing happened to my 94 Ranger. My OD would work for part of a trip, then all of a sudden just not go into OD. All I had was D. I replaced the trans fluid and filter, and it has been fine...
  11. R

Any trails in western WA?

Check out the Region A section of the Rough Ranger's site: http://www.rrorc.com/ You should be able to find something there. I am always wheelin within 60 miles or so of Portland, so haven't been too far north in the state yet. Rodney
  12. R

Pacific Northwest Run

Looks like I'm not going to make this one. I haven't had time to make repairs yet. Hopefully I'll be able to make it up there for a trip some time soon. Rodney
  13. R

Pacific Northwest Run

I just saw a 97 Ranger supercab with Bronco running gear in Hillsboro yesterday. It's at a dealership, and they wanted $16,800 for it. Can you imagine??? Looked good though on 35" Super Swampers. Ryan, I think you'll make more $$$ if you part it out. Just a lot more of a pain. If you...
  14. R

Pacific Northwest Run

I'll have to let you guys know. My new bracket may come in just before that weekend. If so, I'll be there. How many vehicles are going? Ryan, You should be able to get 300-600 bucks out of your front end depending on how you sell it and the buyer's needs. I'd be willing to give you...
  15. R

Pacific Northwest Run

I'm probably not your best customer, since all I want is the extended Rad arms, 1 drop bracket, and the locker. The rest would just be spare parts. I have thought of putting some 6" coils on in the future to run some 35s. Have you seen any adverse effects from running 4"brackets with 6"...
  16. R

Pacific Northwest Run

Your probably out of my price range, but thought I'd ask anyway. I just need a good excuse to upgrade to a locker and 4.56s if that's what your running. How much are you thinking of selling it all for? What size gears are in there, type of locker, and how old is it? Are they 4" springs...
  17. R

Pacific Northwest Run

Ryan, If your swaping in a solid front axle, what are you doing with the old front end? I seem to be bending things lately, so am looking for some spares/replacement parts. Specifically, a 4" axle pivot bracket for the drivers side TTB. I currently have a Skyjacker lift, but any 4" bracket...
  18. R

Pacific Northwest Run

I'm tennative for the 6th I need to do some repairs before I go wheelin again. I will have to let you guys know if I can make it up. I bent my axle pivot bracket, and am told it will take at least 10 business days to get a replacement. Saw your Lake Isabella run. Those were some great...
  19. R

oregon!

Hey guys, I'm up for a run as soon as I get a replacement axle pivot bracket. The pivot bolt is hitting the axle right now. I'm told it will take at least 10 business days to get here. I've been going to TSF and Maybee Mines a lot, but am always up for some new territory. We'll have to...
  20. R

Pacific Northwest Run

Three hours isn't bad. I'd like to see some new territory and meet up with some fellow Explorer Forum guys. I could always stay with a friend in Puyallup to cut down on the drive time. Rodney
  21. R

Pacific Northwest Run

I'm Interested Hey guys, I'm interested, but how long will it take me to get there from Portland? Also, is body damage a possibility or a necessity? I just put the first good dent in my Ranger a few weeks ago, and want to get some rock sliders installed before I completely trash the body...
  22. R

Coil Spacers vs. 2" Body Lift for 35s

At what point do I need to start thinking about new drivelines? If I just bought some 6" coils, and a 2" block, would I risk running out of driveline in the front or rear? The fiberglass would work, but I'm not so sure I want to spend a lot of money on body parts that will probably have a...
  23. R

Coil Spacers vs. 2" Body Lift for 35s

I have a 94 Ranger with the Skyjacker 4" lift. I am currently running 33x12.50x15s. I want to install some 35s soon. I am just sick and tired of dragging my front diff on the trails and watching all my J**p & Suzuki friends clear their axles with smaller tires. The question is, should I...
  24. R

Bent drivers side TTB

I was told by the auto wrecking yard that the drivers side I-beams can be bent very easily. Is this true? Has anyone else heard of the TTB being very weak? Mine lasted for about a year of serious wheelin. I guess it just sits too low to the ground, cause I'm always hitting the thing. Time...
  25. R

Bent drivers side TTB

Looks like I've hit my front diff one too many times. I was on a familiar trail yesterday, but it had been rutted up a little more than last time. I hit this rock going about 10 MPH, and it just about stopped the truck. I had been told that something was bent already, because Firestone...
Back