Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Late Summer Naches get together/run??

Setting up camp on the ellensburg side might be a good choice, You could run taneum to manastash and hit any of the trails from there! Theres a few nice camping spots off the taneum rd that have jeep trails next to them that take you down to buck meadows!
  2. N

20% ,but with the light show! Keep us posted!
  3. N

Transfercase fix

Desided to try and figure out why the stock tcase would not work, Changed out the electromagnet and now it locks tight , the old one would not hold the hub tight to engage the clutches . You could spin the front shaft by hand with it engaged ! put the tcase back in and the new locker in the...
  4. N

Wa state Manastash/Shoestring trail wheelers

Hey Albino, I have several jeep frends that want to go wheelin with me that weekend, we always camp on the trail wherever it suits us. Not sure if we will get down to we're you will be camping at, Is there a cb channel that you run on? We are going to start from the trails behind the selah...
  5. N

I hope you don't need that stupid discover pass there, what a scam that is!
  6. N

Transfercase fix

I found a good deal on a new Spartian locker SL M35-1.5-27. They say it works better the the Aussie and is a little stronger. It will be here Monday!
  7. N

Transfercase fix

Ok, do you happen to know if the (Aussie Xd-13530 ) will work in the ifs front diffs? I have to front diffs ones a 96 the other Is a 99. Can't find any good info on what will work for sure, I Would like to get one ordered and put in before the trip.
  8. N

When's the long trail day? Been a long time For me on the 676 trail! Makes a nice loop if you continue to the top of quarts and down the road to the trails across from buck meadows back to tripod flats to the rocks. Not sure my sport will make it up 676 without pulling some cable! Last time I...
  9. N

Transfercase fix

Thanks for the info. I am going to get one later today, hope I can still make the electric shift work!
  10. N

Transfercase fix

Ya. I put the one piece axle in from a 99. the axle disconnect stuff is a little on the weak side!
  11. N

Transfercase fix

I pulled the tcase and disassembled it today, there is no way to modify it without making it a full time 4 wheel case, still would have hi and low but would be stuck in 4x4. Going to look for a older case tommorow that does not have the clutch crap with electromagnet . I think the 95 older...
  12. N

What is the trail plan? How much time spent at the rocks? And what camping spot? Tents or campers?
  13. N

Transfercase fix

No , it's not the shift motor , that works fine, it's the electromagnet that ingauges the clutches inside the tcase for the front drive Shaft. And I have read all about the brown wire mod.(not a fan) When I was weelin I hung up on the rear bumper/shackles and the rear tires would just spin...
  14. N

Going to see if I can figure out the tcase problems, if so will make it for a few beer/days.
  15. N

Are there any wheelers that do the manastash/Shostring trails with there explorers? I did the run last week. Going to make that run again in Sept. Check in if anyone wants to go. Will camp one night on the trail! My specs 96 sport ,at, 30" buckshots. Posi rear, open front, 8000lbs winch.
  16. N

Transfercase fix

I have a 96 sport with the tcase has that electromagnet engagement crap that really sucks. Has anyone on here came up with a good fix for this? I will be pulling the case out and apart next week any thoughts on making it work when you want it to not when it wants too! Also what front...
  17. N

New here! Looking for some transfercase answers

I have a 96 sport with the tcase has that electromagnet engagement crap that really sucks. Has anyone on here came up with a good fix for this? Also what front lockers are you guys using?
Back