Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2004 explorer interior/exterior lights flickering

Does it do it all the time the lights are on, or just when the engine is running?
  2. T

Transmission Service

Found out my fluid was 2 qts low. Works as it should now.
  3. T

HELP! Trouble with 2004 Stock Explorer XLS - Spark Plug/Wires

Sounds like you had the plugs and wires from the factory. That would cause the gap to be so wide. If you have a problem getting it to go from a stop, you may have a timing chain issue. Hopefully you may know a good mechanic that can diagnose it for you. You might try another coil and see if...
  4. T

Transmission Service

I had mine done, drop pan ,change filter and add fluid at the place that changes my oil. Cost was $100. It had 120,k miles. They said filter and fluid looked good. It changed good for a while, but now if I make a panic stop, when I start the motor revs up and it jerks when it starts to move...
  5. T

Snowstorm made my Explorer disappear!?

Hope you come out of this OK. If we got that much snow down here I don't know what we would do. When we lived in a trailer 6" of snow would make the roof sag, but it would be gone the next day. An inch of snow shuts every thing down around here.
  6. T

4x4 light blinking

"I" don't have an answer for this, "I" can't help.
  7. T

why does no one answer my questions?!?

Well, what was your question??? If I know the answer I will try to help.
  8. T

HELP - Blown Heads

Jasper engines are about $3700. installed with a 300,000 mile warrenty.
  9. T

2002/2004 PCM differences

I may be mistaken but the 04 has some electronics on the throttle body that the 02&3 don't have. Some of these Stickies in the Tech section will tell you.
  10. T

HELP PLEASE how to access my 03 explorer?

I think he means he can't get into the ex to install the new battery. Just my take on this. Will the key turn the door lock?
  11. T

'02 XLS - white smoke from exhaust when going up a BIG hill!

If that is the only place it happens, try and find a detour around it.
  12. T

water out of muffler???

Take the plugs out and turn it over before you try to start the enging. If you got that much water in a cylinder it may hydro lock and cost many $$$.
  13. T

2004 died while driving and wont start

It should start and run while squirting the starting fluid in the throttle body. Possably the timing chain, IDK if it has an ignition module.
  14. T

What year motors fit in my 04?

Jasper has some for about $3500. 3 year warrenty.
  15. T

Programming a 2nd key

I had to go to a Ford dealer and have the computer programed for the key. Seems backwards, don't it.
  16. T

2002 Ford Explorer won't start... Help!

Did he leave any gas in it?
  17. T

4X4 HIGH flashes 8 times

My 4 hi was flashing while in auto and do that whop whop sound until i got 4 new tires. One of the old ones was kind of new and the other 3 were almost down to the ware indicaters. It was also poping like trying to lock in 4wd. After the new tires it don't do the poping or the whop whop, but...
  18. T

1/4 tank....I think

My gas gauge is working fine in the warm to hot weather we have been having lately. When it was cold the gauge was slow, so I started using the trip milage odometer. When I get about 200 miles I fill up.It takes about 15 gallons then.
  19. T

dealer says cant service my explorer?!?!?

With the timing chains and harmonic balancer I have no miss or stumble at any time, but it ain't cheep. Before timing chains I did plugs, wires and coil. That stopped the skip in 2 cylinders.
  20. T

dealer says cant service my explorer?!?!?

My 04 4.0 only has 3 timing chains. I had to have all of them replaced last year. It ain't cheep. Left side, right side and balance shaft.
  21. T

2005 towing hitch rattle

I used a wooden wedge-shim.
  22. T

Strange noise

I guess by now it is safe to say it is out of warranty.
  23. T

2002 Ford Explorer EB v6 4.0 Belt Squeal

There is a post in one of the "Stickies" concering this. It pertaines to the Harmonic balancer. There is also an updated p/n for a new balancer. Mine was doing that and when I had the timing chains replaced the mechanic replaced the balancer and no more belt squeal.
  24. T

04 mountaineer please help!!!

Last year a Jasper engine was about $3500. I checked them out before having the timing chains installed in my 04 Ex.
  25. T

Opinions please!

My 04 had to have timing chains at 118000 miles and now at 121000 miles the front ball joints are about to fall out. The mechanic showed them to me. When I got tires last week the tire shop couldn't do an allignment because of the ball joints. I carried it to a mechanic I trust to do the work.
Back